AuthorTopic: Anyone still use mud club ?  (Read 21285 times)

Offline TimM

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Anyone still use mud club ?
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2013, 10:20:21 »
Don't worry, the Mud Club WILL keep going but it may be a while until its back to what it used to be, fewer active members = slower/less posts, but until the economy picks up we will have less members being able to afford to use there vehicles for much more than the daily commute. We've lost people who can't afford to run a second vehicle, and the ones who have their off reader as the main vehicle can't afford to break it - BUT the passion will always remain alive inside them and we will ride the storm and come through this
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Offline martinwf

Attack Member
    • wakefield
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2013, 22:59:18 »
I haven't had much time either, I had 2 discos , now no 4x4 at all, tramping away Monday to Friday, with only sat and sun to get time with the kids and swmbo,,
We are even down to one car now, but urgently require a 7 seater, we looked at different models, shogun, terrano,previa,but always looked back at the fun we had in the disco.

Now Langley farm and mudbugz have gone, there doesn't seem that many local places to go, and breaking means money , and I was a frequent visitor to this site and met some great people, like anything else I suppose , circumstances changes, the economy changes and life changes.

Every time you see a cb mag mount on a car you just sit and say , "I remember them times" so quickly it came round to off roading and owning the green oval too.

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Birmingham and surrounding areas regional Rep
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 13:01:47 »
I dont mind organising a weekend camping/ laning weekend in Bala if enough people are up for it. We usually stop at a farm just outside Bala approx 1/4 mile off the road & right next to the river http://tyisafbala.co.uk/pricing/ The site allows camp fires and has basic toilets on the campsite and toilets and showers next to the farmhouse. I've got loads of routes in this area and i'm willing to lead a group. Please let me know if your interested and we'll put some dates together. In the old days we ran Mud Club trips here from our region and had over 30 vehicles in attendance.

Andygod

I was thinking of running this trip on Sat 26th & Sun 27th October. I'll probably travel down and set up after work on Friday evening, some people might prefer to travel down and set up early on Saturday morning. Could you let me know either by a p.m. or reply to this post if you’re interested?

Andygod
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and jolly bad eggs are we

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2013, 04:42:28 »
Don't worry, the Mud Club WILL keep going but it may be a while until its back to what it used to be, fewer active members = slower/less posts, but until the economy picks up we will have less members being able to afford to use there vehicles for much more than the daily commute. We've lost people who can't afford to run a second vehicle, and the ones who have their off reader as the main vehicle can't afford to break it - BUT the passion will always remain alive inside them and we will ride the storm and come through this
  Totally agree with Tim on this ive been laning just about 44 years seen times like this come and go although not sure if it will ever hit the peak years again but Mud-Club will come through the present lull because we have a positive core membership so hang in there peeps and keep getting muddy Rog.
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline Reggieroo

Attack Member
    • Nr Pershore, Worcestershire
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 11:48:26 »
Well I've just popped back for the first time since the rebirth of the website. Much the same story for me as lots of other people. Money & time are the prohibiting factors & my two kids also + losing interest due to a busy life.

Last time I went out in the rangie was December 2008, it broke down on the way home from a laning trip & I decided to take it off the road for a few months to improve it. Did some work on it then the misses got pregnant with our daughter & then the rangie became a non priority & that was I over 4 years ago (omg......4 years, didn't even realise it has been that long till I just worked it out to write this!). Kate then got pregnant again with our little boy who was 1year old on Saturday.

The rangie has just sat there with me doing little bit here & there over the last 4 years, I've pretty much got it to be the truck I've always wanted minus the Ashcroft drivetrain & lockers which is due to funds. I've also had more interest in Audi since having my S6, started with an A4 TDI (got bored very quick) & then an allroad to fufill my desire to get muddy again but killed that in a ford & then bought the S6. I then convinced the misses into Land Rover ownership by getting her into a 04 TD4 3 door Freelander which she loves.

So I'm now back on here trying to motivate myself to get the rangie beast finished, I've been thinking over this last week about what to do. Keep the Audi S6 & the rangie for offroad or sell them both & by an Range Rover L322 to be the one family vehicle that does it all? But first of all I need to get the rangie back on the road. So if there is anybody local to me that can lend a pair of hands or just come round & kick my butt back into action give me a shout.

Regards

Paul
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:50:48 by Reggieroo »
1993 3.9 V8 Range Rover Classic
Audi 4.2 V8 S6 Quattro

For a taste of Ireland delivered direct to your door www.theirishshop.co.uk

My 4x4 websites.
www.offroad4x4s.com
www.offroadrangerovers.com
www.offroadlandrovers.com

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Birmingham and surrounding areas regional Rep
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 19:49:26 »
Hi Paul
I'm hoping that you get the RR up and working and come out laning with us. Wish you were a bit nearer and I'd give you a hand.

Andygod
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and jolly bad eggs are we

Offline Reggieroo

Attack Member
    • Nr Pershore, Worcestershire
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:04 »
That's the plan Andy, last time it seen any mud was that day laning with you guys Dec 08.

I was out yesterday for a short time trying to do a bit, but just as I got started I had to pack up to see to my little boy. I then went out when Kate got home from work & did a bit more. Mainly just loads of small nigly jobs that I've been putting off & one I'm struggling with, the two bolts that go through the chassis to hold on the tow bar have seized in & become part of the chassis. I need to do this to fit the tank guard etc but I don't have any heat to get the [!Expletive Deleted!] out!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:06:52 by Reggieroo »
1993 3.9 V8 Range Rover Classic
Audi 4.2 V8 S6 Quattro

For a taste of Ireland delivered direct to your door www.theirishshop.co.uk

My 4x4 websites.
www.offroad4x4s.com
www.offroadrangerovers.com
www.offroadlandrovers.com

Offline POTASH

Attack Member
    • cheshire
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 23:29:04 »
im still here havent been on for a while since i destroyed  my engine [ dont ask :cry: ] but now mobile again and still loving it :cool:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 23:31:52 by POTASH »
discovery200tdi homemade snorkel
                        homemade steering guard
                  homemade tank guard 
                  homemade light bar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal