AuthorTopic: dmf or smf  (Read 5013 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
dmf or smf
« on: January 04, 2013, 22:27:02 »
hi folks i've got a 2002 td5 defender thats covered over 100k miles and will be getting ready for a clutch soon so my question is do I replace the dual mass flywheel at the same time or do I convert it to a single mass flywheel, As any body carried out this conversion and apart from cost what are the pro's and con's
some relevent facts i dont tow with the vehicle apart from the odd borrowed trailer to the dumpit site!,its my every day transport,it does get used off-road and it does regular long trips (usually summer holidays 3-4000 mile round trips)

cheers in anticipation kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
Re: dmf or smf
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:15 »
Other than being notorious I don't know enough about them to say what kills them. Others will be along who do.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Boddle

Attack Member
  • Boddle on Xbox
    • Coventry UK
  • Referrals: 1
Re: dmf or smf
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 14:23:20 »
Daul Mass, Ive tried and single mass lasted less than 20,000 before it came out due to clutch problem although the main reason was the Britpart clutch cover was nearly warn through where the bearing contact the cover. Not sure if anyone else makes a kit. I found that on my 110 the vibration above sixty was bad I replaced it earlier this year back to Daul mass and haven't looked back since.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal