AuthorTopic: Puncture !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Pablo011

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Chester
  • Referrals: 0
Puncture !!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:12 »
Well had to happen but does anyone know of any cheap  ish Tyre places in Chester area for Remoulds or normal Tyres for my Disco 1
I will try ATS etc but just thought I would ask ..??

ta

Paul

Offline Pablo011

Attack Member
    • Chester
Re: Puncture !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:13:22 »
As I have posted another thread on here it seems that even with 38 views I am somewhat bewildered that no one seems to know about fitting Snorkels, or going off road , or even where they would get punctures repaired as per my previous threads or I am posting on the wrong pages or part of the forum if so then sorry but can someone point me in the right direction to at least get some help with my pride and joy.

thanks guys

Paul

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 13:03:31 »
Talking personally I would not know sorry. As for the others it can be a bit quiet in here.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Pablo011

Attack Member
    • Chester
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 14:55:42 »
Thanks Lambert, I was put in touch with a place called Top Gear tyres In Ellesmere Port near Chester and they did a great job, however  I am also a motorbike owner with my Honda Blackbird, and I am a member of the owners group and also their forum, which is a really great place to be most of the time.  and when peeps post things on there, there is always a response within minutes usually and many people are there to help others with their knowledge and experience and no-how it just seems that on this site that nobody is interested or wants to help, I know others have and do but I just thought that all being Land-rover owners there would be a stronger response to people wanting help and advice, it just seems quiet and unresponsive most of the time and sometimes it can lead to a person thinking whats the point but hey maybe its just me. 

Thanks

Paul

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 19:24:47 »
Before it went down that is how this site was. It will be again it takes time. Try not to loose faith.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Pablo011

Attack Member
    • Chester
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 23:53:01 »
Thanks Lambert, again, but I nearly did lose it, I just find it hard to believe that my Off road post got 94 ish views but not one person replied to it with a suggestion or a link to a web page or whatever and the same for my snorkel fitting post, I mean how many peeps on here claim to have a snorkel fitted to the landy but not one reply from a like minded person.

I just thought we were or could be or even should be one big happy family with good humoured banter thrown in for good measure here and there with even a bit of [throw it] taking but I think I am wrong, but I also know that peeps are not there just to help me out but maybe its just me not reading things right but I will keep trying and asking etc but thanks again

Paul

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:11:51 »
maybe - just maybe,  no one on here lives near fricken cheshire or chester which is a conditional rider themed in most of your posts. Consider moving closer to Lambert.

"Well anyone in the cheshire area going off roading..."
"any one got an idea of what to do or near Chester ..."
"anyone know of any cheap  ish Tyre places in Chester area..."
"I have to sympathize with those who have been flooded our drive in Mollington Chester "
"I live in the Chester area and will be looking at the next few months to get the welding done ...."
" you will have to collect them from Chester tho but any takers could email pics if you want ...."
"so this time I went to my mates at lex Auto centre in Chester and Tony got one of his lads to use the socket type tool " (btw your mate at lex auto centre knows where to repair a puncture)
"whilst out and about in the disco today around Chester,..."
"looking at breakers yard around the Cheshire area "
"so anybody in the Chester area fancy's a Green lane or 2 let me know"
"So looking through the threads are there any cheshire"
"re there any events that I am missing out on near Chester...."
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Pablo011

Attack Member
    • Chester
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:39 »
Thanks Saffy, for your reply all has been duly noted, and as I do Live in Chester I am going to ask what events or things are happening in this area cause I live here, and again I thought that being a Land-rover owner as well I thought that I could ask fellow owners for help on owner ship and also that because people on here have had a Land-rover for longer than I have, I thought they would be able to offer help and advice on anything to do with Land-rover's.

And Living in the Cheshire area which is draped in good country lanes etc I just thought that there would at least be a few members that would either live here or at least (again) have driven on green lanes around here to know of any good places that they have been on, I did'nt think for 1 minute that most peeps would stick to one place and not ever venture out any where.

but now I have owned my landy for a while and have had some fun in it I know of places to go and people to talk to about land-rovers so now even I have a bit of knowledge on things Land-rover, so I am in a position to help if any one feels the need to ask,

there are great area's around here and the north west to go off roading like Chirk quarry and the Bala off road center and Pecforton castle experience to name but a few and yes I did ask a while a go about "any events or places to go off roading" and I got no reply form this which is what I thought was strange cause I thought that even most Land rover owners would have been on one of those places at least once, but never mind I will play a minor part on this site and if I have upset people then I am sorry and I will still ask advice and help as I know of a few people that can offer help to me and others so thanks again and one day the members on here could even have a meet up or a bash somewhere so we could be an even closer club I mean how does that sound ???

thanks

Paul

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 20:22:17 »
I posted that at 7:15am - forgive me, I'm a turd first thing and something is going to be ranted on somewhere on the internet and I have been banned from dealing with customer complaints at work before 9:30am  and after at least 2 cups of coffee because I have no mercy on the idiots.

The problem for you is that the forum is currently having a horrendously low volume of readership and contributors. I do not want to post here much as it looks like same old peeps bleating on but i'm not posting anywhere else either so if I do want to say something then I usually do regardless. Was a point when a new member people asked a tech question that went unanswered in a reasonable amount of time then I would try and  provide a suggestion or interim answer in the hope some one else will come along and answer- but often end up looking as if talking out of butt  :embarrassed: so do not bother now. I can't be the only one sick of seeing that moronic waste of database space ' word association' thread being the only thing getting posted on daily.

I think there's a lot more going on up north than down here club wise.  Maybe you can organise a laning trip - state a time and place and if no one turns up then so be it, enjoy the day yourself and post some pix and organise another one until someone bites. Generate your own activity.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 20:26:29 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal