AuthorTopic: going green  (Read 1731 times)

Offline lambert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
going green
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:53:51 »
I might be going green.

Major decision on the cards, do I hock in the 550 and the newer 135 Massey Ferguson's against a much newer like as 20 years newer John Deere 4600? They are all basically the same sort of idea as a 40ish HP compact tractor. The idea is to have one nice tractor and swap implements rather that have a fleet of older machines which mostly keep the same implement on all the time.

Hmmm, dunno?
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline trecfive

Attack Member
  • If it fit's the hook it'll pull it.
    • Nuneaton
Re: going green
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 15:30:27 »
The JD's are nice tractors but have to many electrics to go wrong, at least with the MF 135/550 when they go wrong you can fix them with a hammer and chiesel. One JD off the road no tractor, one MF parked up, get on the other.

Food for thought.
1. Range Rover Classic 300tdi SE Auto Softdash
2. Range Rover Classic 300tdi SE Auto Softdash, apparently very rare.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 00:00:38 »
A M8 of mine who farms on Salisbury Plain  he has 22,000 + acres has just bought a John Deere 750R  think it has around 420 hp  the cab is space age and is called the command centre in the handbook  its basicly just a large touch screen + a smaller one to show fuel,speed,hours etc. could wear a suit to work in that thing with its hot and cold boxes for food and drinks cd player, climate control,,air con,and super seat thats better than most cars ,oh and a 1300 ltr fuel tank, its just WOW!!.
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:07:58 »
The JD's are nice tractors but have to many electrics to go wrong, at least with the MF 135/550 when they go wrong you can fix them with a hammer and chiesel. One JD off the road no tractor, one MF parked up, get on the other.

Food for thought.

This is partly my issue with going from 3 to 2 its a matter of redundant capacity for emergencies. There is of course the option of keeping the old 135 and selling the newer one to fund repairs to the 550, after all there's only two of us and its rare to need two tractors at the same time. Hmm do i want to refurbish a tractor in my spare time or do I work harder to get a new one? [ stop whining and pick one fat boy! ]
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal