AuthorTopic: Locking wheel nut loss  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Pablo011

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Chester
  • Referrals: 0
Locking wheel nut loss
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:45:18 »
Well guys it had to happen............ whilst I was changing one of the wheels on my Disco and tightened everything up ready for a test drive all went well, now comes this morning my new rear shocks have come earlier then expected so got the jack out ready for the wheel removal.................now wheres that locking wheel nut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes you guessed it.its no where to be seen I have searched every where can i find it...............no

So question is this what do I do now to get the wheel off well all 4 wheel of course any advice would be good

thanks

Paul

Offline frosty

Attack Member
Locking wheel nut loss
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 12:47:30 »
Depending on the type of locking wheel nut you can chisel off the outer race and then hammer an impact socket over the offending nut
90..standardish

Offline Pablo011

Attack Member
    • Chester
Re: Locking wheel nut loss
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 21:29:50 »
Thanks frosty,

but this happened to me when I had my Frontera and we were in Cornwall and I lost the lock nut thing, took it to a local garage and they used a socket type tool to remove them charged me £50, so this time I went to my mates at lex Auto centre in Chester and Tony got one of his lads to use the socket type tool to remove them and I  got the lad a few cans of Fosters  and everyone was happy,

it then meant I could get back on with the job of changing my rear shocks, now that's another story jeeeeeeeeeeezzze. but did it in the end now for a HOT BATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Offline busterlol

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:52:23 »
eBay wheel nut extractor kit not very much money

littlepow

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 18:49:06 »
A gator grip works

Offline lurch_917

Attack Member
  • hi all hows it going
    • kettering
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 17:22:50 »
or just look on the nut there will be a letter or number take that to your landrover dealer and buy a new one as you will need it to get the others off at some time or other.
As a youth I could run up and down stairs all day now I'm older it takes me all day just to walk upstairs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal