AuthorTopic: TD5 disco water in footwell?  (Read 4582 times)

Offline jaffascout

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
TD5 disco water in footwell?
« on: June 24, 2012, 22:10:54 »
Hello everyone, Sorry if this turns out to be a silly question but i did look for the answer in the previous entries im sure if its there some one will point me in the right dirrection.

I have recently bought a disco 2 td5 and the carpet in the passenger footwell is soaked.
Allong the edge nearest the door. no wet on top of carpet near the transmission tunnel so i dont suspect the heater or matrix. it has been suggested that the drains for the sunroof or sunroofs are blocked or the drain from the a or b post is blocked. is this probably the case and if so where the heck are they to be found?

swimming in the footwell with hopefull antisipation.

Jaffa.

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
Re: TD5 disco water in footwell?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:00:14 »
Hi Could be the sunroofs Drain pipes got in mine one day after it had been raining my neck was getting wet where water was running down the seatbelt. not heard of the drains between A &b posts. I have noticed when the doors open on mine and water drips of the roof that is the aera it lands, The other thing it could be is the door seal has a split.

Sorry couldn't be of anymore help

Offline ChrisW70

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:46:35 »
Don't know about Td5 but on a 300 there is a drain tube in the sunroof tray at the front corners and a drain pipe runs down inside the A pillar to poke out at the bottom near the sill.
I would imagine it's not particularly different for the Td5.
On the 300 the tray drains are notoriously brittle and can snap off resulting in overhead leakage.

Other option could be the condense drain off the AC blocked but this would drop the water in the footwell near the gearbox tunnel - there's a little rubber bung with a slit in it for draining sticking down from the tunnel (underneath) by the bellhousing - if you give it a pinch you'll see if there's anything in it blocking it.
Chris W

West Midlands Region GLASS Rep
GLASS TRO Officer

Offline scatt

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 14:58:50 »
Disco 2's suffer with leaking windscreens. Mines was the same, it needs removing and re-sealing back in. Obviously it's always good to keep ur sunroof drains/ seals in check. But normally when the sunroof leaks u get a wet headlining.

Offline mac

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:33:23 »
On my old TD5 the water was coming through a large grommet where a large cable loom passes through the bulkhead - it hadn't been fitted properly at build - you need to take out the washer bottle to get at it. You should be able to see it above the footwell with carpet and soundproofing removed but will need access to fettle it from above, I applied a liberal amount of black silicone around the area after locating in the bulkhead properly.
Mac,  2010 Freelander 2 XS
2001 bog standard TD5 Disco - gone
1995 TDi 300 Disco - gone
1970 MGB Roadster

Offline scatt

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 13:52:16 »
Are u sure it was a td5 as the washer bottles are behind the front bumper?? In a 300 there on the inner wing against the bulkhead??.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal