AuthorTopic: So what did YOU do today?  (Read 74209 times)

Offline Welshbreed

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
  • Referrals: 0
So what did YOU do today?
« on: March 27, 2012, 20:49:55 »
Personally I had a math key skills exam at college, then disappeared with a few mates to the park where we pretty much stayed all day and played many types of game with a football, then back to the library for some coursework to be completed, then met up with a girl i know from a previous bus trip and said hello *wink wink* and then got some free chips from the chippy as I thought I had some money in my wallet, and turned out I didn't. But I am a regular there and so they let me off. #Winning. and then a quick shower and a bit of music b4 coming to visit my virtual friends. :afro:

..But they all seem to have vacated as well! :huh:

So all in all a good day for me.

How was yours? (Reply Below, because I force you too... :evil: )

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
Re: So what did YOU do today?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:38 »
Went to work 8 till 5 got home had a cuppa went out to do a few bits on the Disco Wiring in replacement cb went in had sumthing to eat Chicken & Bacon with potato wedges with a Mexican BBQ Sauce from a firm Called Hungry Joe's mmmmmm, Then a couple of Beers with the Neighbour then went on the web for a few hours.. check the other fourms i'm on

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 16:28:31 »
Im retired now (no not retard-retired :laugh:)so never in a hurry to do anything started by breakfast poached eggs on toast with a piece of gammon then got the dogs fed and loaded into the L200 Twin cab ambled around the Plain on the byways till lunch stopped for a cheese and pickle sarnie cup of tea then walked around my favourite very large wood that was buzzin to the sounds of spring with a nice darpet of blue violets and bluebells showing through,watched a Hawk rip its dinner apart and devour it before being hounded away by some rooks who fought over the leftovers ,went home dropped off two of the dogs then went back out with shotty for some Pidgeon shooting over some new sown crops ended the day with 8 pidgeons and 5 crows home for a tinker with the new Suzuki Vit rag top till it got dark and i went in to T of s/s chicken with fried rice then watched Chelsea beat Benfica before hitting the web ,all pretty run of the mill stuff thats probably bored the socks off you allready and you wont of got this far in the thread so sod it off to bed ,
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 19:20:05 »
work - dinner - bed,

same as day before and same as today

but today I drove the Series 1, cold trip in but lovely trip home.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:11:02 »
Up at 04:50 go to job one, get home have breakfast, go to job two, half day so go fix starter on mates astra, get home later than planned, argue with wife again, skip tea, go do bit on car, get diesel, go home to bed.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline frosty

Attack Member
So what did YOU do today?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 14:18:24 »
Lifted the 90 by 2" and now starting on the modified roll hoop I'm fitting/making
90..standardish

Offline piggysteve

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 16:29:45 »
Pushed the blasted motorbike to 2 garages to get some fuel, seems to be a shortage of petrol. Can't be people panicking in case theres a strike that hasn't even been called yet can it ????   :angry:
Ex pat Yorkshireman.

P38 diesel

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 18:36:39 »
Pushed the blasted motorbike to 2 garages to get some fuel, seems to be a shortage of petrol. Can't be people panicking in case theres a strike that hasn't even been called yet can it ????   :angry:

Its a fricken joke! Sat for over 10mins for fuel I hasten to add with the engine turned off as I was down to fumes in the tank, unlike everyone else in the que, so they obviously didn't really need the damm stuff... Bloomin media making a mountain out of a mole hill as usual, its just one big con and the only people that are winning out of it are the Government and the Suppliers...
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 22:13:07 »
got up at 5 am for work then got home at 6pm.. fitted a new fmud on the disco then laughed at a mate who had filled his tanks with fuel.. pointing out he will be filling up again soon as he is now using more fuel  carrying  fuel around...  :huh:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 23:56:00 »
but today I drove the Series 1, cold trip in but lovely trip home.
Well jealous. 'Nuff said really.

As for the fuel shortage, this is why I don't watch the news. It stops me acting like an idiot every time something *insignificant happens in the world.

(*insignificant because I have no control over the it in anyway and nothing I do will likely change it's course, but most importantly because I cannot punch the person responsible in the head for for it.)

boring day today, woke, ate, worked, home, television, here again. Some days are just depressive. Looking forward to some summer vacation so I can work on my trucks a little

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 13:22:34 »
Im afraid thats the way of the world m8ty getup, eat,work,come home eat,do your homey duties, tv or web,bed, etc etc.and its the same all over the world i have lived in 4 different countries and its the same all over and thats why any time off from that drudgery is precious time now known as quality time and it must not be wasted so get that truck fixed and get out there,oohps nearly said that naff LR saying  :embarrassed:that every nerd who owns a 4x4 seems to have all over their truck CRINGE!! :embarrassed: : :rolleyes: :rolleyes::

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 16:32:26 »
One life, get one. Is that what you mean?
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 18:01:10 »

Ha Ha Ha Ha----etc  Thats egg -sak-lee what i had in mind!! :evil: :grin:

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 20:09:17 »
lol, yeah don't get me wrong I know thats life, but I wished I enjoyed my job. I'd settle for like my job really. At the moment I say far to often for comfort "Is that a footlong? Would you like extra cheese for 20p?" Ah, the joys of moving and trying to start a new career while renting accommodation. Well fun.

On the plus side I have Monday and Tuesday off for the next 3 weeks, hopefully get some projects done. I have a few at the moment :rolleyes: ...

Famous last words. :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 17:46:41 »
Today I fitted muy new 235/85/16's to the steels and then fitted them to the car after cutting the arches and fitting flares. then painted the lower sides satin black ready for the discovery decals.. also gave it a clean and hoovered the inside out.. Now the wife will get on it I'll have to get it dirty again..lol
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 19:25:26 »
Today i took my new toy an old rag top Vit for MOT and yeeha failed on headlight alignment and broken number plate + no plate light, took it home fixed all the probs in an hour back for retest and yep through she goes, has 53000 genuine miles with old MOTs to prove not bad for a 94 motor also gave it a good powerwash and touched in a few scratches dont know why because it will be covered in them after a few times out on the lanes, :grin: now to get rid of those huge wideboy wheels /tyres .

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 15:42:27 »
Was up at o-god-o'clock to see if any of our Soay's had lambed but no, tended to the horses, did a bit more in the garden.. Then drove back from Lincs to Hell.. Oh sorry North Yorks, the sooner we get moved outta here the better.
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 19:16:38 »
Was up at o-god-o'clock to see if any of our Soay's had lambed but no, tended to the horses, did a bit more in the garden.. Then drove back from Lincs to Hell.. Oh sorry North Yorks, the sooner we get moved outta here the better.
  So whats so bad about North Yorks Dave?   must say its great down here in south Wilts ever thought of doing a swallow and flying south :cheesy:

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 20:42:44 »
Its just where we are living at the moment..  gets referred to as hell due to the people etc... Ive never met such insular, no hopes in my life. Hey ho that's life I suppose you cant choose your neighbors. Roll on getting moved over the summer and a new start...
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 08:34:41 »
Saturday
went to Mountfitict Castle & Toy Musem, Nice way to kill 2-3 hours on a sunny day
Got Home then bbq with the Neighbours

Sunday
Boot sale
the Pub meet with the D2boys club

Now
At Work

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 17:58:15 »
today I took a look at my mates Corsa 1.7 diesel, cough - crap - cough, to see as to why his brakes failed the other day. turns out the brake line had corroded away on Front Near Side wheel, and had been leaking brake fluid all over the road. Not much I could do as I dont have the tools to repair the steel and our car was out of commission and he needed a quick fix and so a job for kwik-fit just on the corner. I foresee a trip to a salvage yard as if one has corroded away, likely all others are on way out. so his list for parts continues to grow. I'll be sorting him out an engine service, new OS door mirror, new NS windscreen wiper arm, maybe 2 if I cannot find identical arm, some body work/paint and figure out where it's leaking coolant from.

I will try to get some pics of me doing this as well for your education amusement. :lipsrsealed:

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 22:55:07 »
Today (and yesterday, more impressively) I went for a run with my equally unfit flatmate. relax it was in the dark so no one saw us sweating our bits off, and we ran an impressive (for 2 unfit blokes) 3.11 miles before doing 50 sit ups and 20 push ups. and i?we did the same amount yesterday too. and now I am showered and PJ'ed up I am happy as a pig in (well you know the rest)

:cry: (thats sweat not tears lol)

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 07:46:27 »
Yesterday changed The oil in both diffs went to do the Transfer oil and autobox oil but can't as I've lost the key to the Shed :embarrassed: so looks like that's what i'm gonna be doing over the break looking for them  lol

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 16:33:39 »
check your pockets. I guarantee it'll be in the last place you look for them :rolleyes:

:lipsrsealed: I'll get my coat....

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 19:40:52 »
I haven't added to this post recently as things haven't been that good.

Last Friday was a massive bad day in work that started the day before and resulted me punching myself in on the clocking in machine quite literally - the finger print scanning machine lost that battle. Think I had a nano-metal break down and was prepared to jack everything in. .....anyhow was ordered to have a relaxing weekend.

Sunday, in an attempt to relax we went for a picnic in middle of Salisbury Plains. Took the Disco which is not offroad prepared so took route carefully to get me to Milston Down along side the Nine Mile River (dried) . The mrs drove in which stressed me out no end as she randomly swapped ruts and I could see us getting stuck in a stupid place. Anyway we got there ok and set up and ate some grub and was just starting to unwind and enjoy the sun when one of the dogs suddenly whilst chasing a ball collapsed screaming. No control over his back end. Nothing seems broken - I was looking for gun shot wounds - snake bites the lot but nothing. Dog needed vet badly. So challenge was getting disco off the plains fast as fricken possible to a main road via routes that didn't result in getting stuck with an injured dog onboard. Stress back to volume level 11.
Aimed for Bulford Camp and thankful that the weather had been dry all week.

Hour later arrive in the Vets in Frome with a prearranged emergency vet attending. Lots of nightmare scenarios banding around and one very ill dog admitted into hospital. Mrs in pieces.

Monday - working still in a bit of a cloud with the added thought that I may have to decide to put dog down as he was paralysed. Mrs had been to seen him and he was stoned on morphine, katamine and lidocane with no improvement but with a 90% sure diagnosis of Fibrocartilaginous Embolism - blood colt in the spine - with the 10% doubt being that he was still in pain and shouldn't be.

Tuesday more of the same. Wait another 24hour before decisions need to be made.

Wednesday/ Thursday - Dog stood up  :shocked:  :huh:  :azn:  :grin: Collected him in the evening.

May never get fully healed - next 2 week crucial in how much he will heel. Will need some therapy. But at moment he is bumbling around best he can  with one hind leg not working right. And he wagged his tail when I got him from work tonight which is something I have been waiting to see. Boss also unexpected took me out for a massive fried breakfast today which went down a treat.

Have a good Easter break all - I need this one.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 20:11:54 »
Sorry to hear of your woes M8  hope the dog is improving (is it long dogs you have?) all legs and backbone ! one of my Spaniels has been diagnosed with bowl cancer and its too far advanced to start any surgery so its now  a waiting game poor little sod is only eight :sad: having said that one wouldnt know he was ill that stumpy tail is perpetul motion, :cheesy: ATB Dodger

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 19:16:49 »
@Saffy, sorry to hear the bad news, but at least he's up and about now *touch wood, and hope it passes smoothly. Nothing worse than loosing a pet..

went for another run today, nearly died of dehydration, due to the eagerness of my flatmate not allowing hydration before leaving. Did an extra hour of work in work, and passed the free food threshold. Nom nom nom. and now debaiting the pub with a couple of friends. And I got 4 days off!!!!!!!!!! woo, I never have 4 days off :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

now what to do with 4 days off, hmm...

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 19:38:13 »
Saffy, I hope the doggy makes a good recovery soon! Having just recently had to bite the bullet and take my old labrador on a one way visit to the vets I feel for you matey! Its a horrible horrible thing to have to do, though fortunately the vets we have are really good and we didnt have to take her in and the did it in the back of the landy. Still I feel crap about a few weeks on.

Back to happier thoughts, just back from a quick trip down to Louth to collect our horse box... Time to spend the week filling it with furniture,  then a return visit next weekend...
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:32:11 »
today I chill. Happy Easter all.

Enjoy your (delete as appropriate):
Religious Holiday
Easter Egg Hunt
Time off work
Non Religious Holiday
4x4 Time
Greenlaning Trip
Geo-tagging Adventure
Family
Friends
TV
XBOX/PS/PC/Wii/Other
Chocolate
Presents

Oh and last night I went from :afro: to :cool: (Buzz cut #2 all over, except my beard)

C-ya guys and girls

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 12:33:59 »
Happy haircut.

Today I have to top coat my summer pickup lid, on account of the wife emptying the vacuum dust all over the last coat half an hour after I put it on. Beyond that internet and food mostly.
Lambert Coverdale.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal