AuthorTopic: suspension  (Read 1402 times)

Offline disco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
suspension
« on: March 15, 2012, 00:38:42 »
Opinions please

Disco 1 with 2 inch body lift 2inch lift hd springs -2 inch turrets and mounts dislocation cones  extended bump stops and my suspension bottoms out on the back

Now I had pro comps on before and they never once bottomed out but now I have replaced them for mot with terrafirmas now they keep knocking.

Do I take the rear mounts out to standard put 2 inch blocks under springs I know what I should do and that be change the mounts but I do admire the travel with the dislocation

Just wanted peoples ideas

Thanks
If you don`t try it you will never know

mattyme

Re: suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 19:31:22 »
take out the mounts and get long travel shockers.... thats all i can think of.
itd be better if i could see the truck cross axled and watch the shocker travel tho
hope that helps...

Dr Evil

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 23:00:18 »
When you say "bottoms out" do you mean that the axle hits the bump stops on full compression, cos that's what it's supposed to do !

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 15:14:45 »
I think it depends on whats bumping. if it's the bump stops then ok thats their job.. if it's the dampers then having long dampers on minus mounts might be the problem. ..+2 spring and minus 2 mount mean standard shock space, putting long shocks on might mean the slider hits the top of the pipe when compressed. were the old procomps standard length and the teras +2"???
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal