AuthorTopic: Jacking up points  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Ollie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Jacking up points
« on: January 07, 2004, 15:31:41 »
:oops:
A strange question, I find it difficult to jack up the off side of my Lightweight, as the diffs are in the way. I usually use the shock mounting point for the jack, but I can never get the axle stands in. I'm pretty new to all this, and might work it out myself one day, but in the interests of time and safety, is there an easier way of supporting the Landy :?:

Cheers.
Ollie
sex is the breakfast of champions

Offline matthew

Attack Member
Jacking up points
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 17:11:51 »
Put the jack under the diff.

I tend to jack under the spring U-bolt plate though and rest the axle tube on the axle stands, which is ok until you need to swap an axle or spring then I put a Hi-Lift under the rear crossmember and axle stands under the forward spring hanger.
Cheers

Matthew
1958 Ser II  88" 1962 Ser IIa 109" 1962 Ser IIa 109" Dormobile
www.buryautoclub.co.uk | www.torquebac.co.uk | www.oldlandrovers.co.uk | www.oldroads.co.uk | http://lancsglass.oldroads.co.uk

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
Jacking up points
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 17:51:06 »
If you're doing the springs on the front the front outriggers are quite usefull ( provided that your axle stands reach far enough and they're not goosed )  even then you should try to support the front a little even if whatever you support it with will only hold long enough for you to get the hell out of the way.

Personally I like using the lifting shackles on the dumbirons (courtesy of the RAF) and to string the motor up from the roof....

As for the back, rear crossmember.
--

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal