AuthorTopic: Truck Cab Roof lining  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Big G

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Truck Cab Roof lining
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:54:10 »
Now I`m not going to bore you with the usual details as most will know that eventually we all seem to dissapear under a piece of plastic sheet that rover couldnt master and were incapable of getting it to stick. My question is this, What would it be like to live with if I just pulled out the offending item lock stock and built a small bonfire with it? I have spoken to the very polite Gentleman at LaSalle who will send me a lovely new and fit for purpose replacement but, you guessed it, he needs the best part of two hundred squid to send me it.

Shall I just rip the lot out and jump on it?

Thank you my friends.

Offline graham2306

Attack Member
Re: Truck Cab Roof lining
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 15:19:00 »
Without anything it is cold and in the winter the condensation forms interior rain. 

I ripped the plastic out of my series and carpeted the roof.  You need a good strong contact adhesive like Evostick.
It's not a real car unless it's over 30 years old!
Classic cars are the ones who's owners wave to each other. I just bought a pretend car! F plate 90!

N.Oxon GLASS Rep

Offline Big G

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:21 »
Well ......

Pulled the old lining out and must say I prefer it without it. Mine is a truck cab and I reckon it looks and feels better for a utility type vehicle.

Now I know its fine at the moment  (Summer) but I dont want condensation issues come winter. I have not noticed any increase in noise levels (That might be because I am already a bit mutton). So, started to look round for a supplier of foam rubber materials. The closed sell type as opposed to the seat foam type. Yes very technical I am. Loads of suppliers for sound deadening material etc but what a cost! Any way I got a telephone number for Kirkfield Rubber and Plastic products in Bromford so I gave them a call and the nice lady is sending me a sample.

Will let you know how I get on. Apparently they can coat it in a glue of your choice from tacky to realy never come off sticky. Sounds interesting.

Offline mass199

Attack Member
    • Wye Valley
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 13:39:38 »
My mate has just put a fibre glass one in his TD5, Looks good, about
Herefordshire LRC

Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. All been smashed in MX crashes.

Offline Big G

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 11:20:15 »
The Lassalle one is fibreglass but the gut was talking nearer

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal