AuthorTopic: Roll cage fitting  (Read 1683 times)

Offline JimP

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Roll cage fitting
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:53:23 »
I've got myself a roll cage for my 90, it's an internal rear hoop with external front cage

I've started fitting the cage but have a question regarding the front cage, the front part bolts to the top of the wings and there is a support strut that goes inside the wing down to the chassis outrigger.

has anyone experience fo fitting one like this??

Do I need to take the wing off to get access to fit the support strut?, I've tried fedding it up inside the wing but can get anywhere near enough room to get it in position!

and there was me thinking that fitting the cage would be easy!!!!

Jim
Disco 300tdi - for laning
Suzuki Vitara - for playing!!

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Roll cage fitting
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 20:45:23 »
Generally you will have to remove the wing skin to allow acces for the cage support although by removing the front wheel arch you may be able to access it.

:cool:
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

diesel_jim

Re: Roll cage fitting
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 20:52:55 »
My P&P cage is the same (as was my old SD cage),

it's like a piece of angle iron with the cut-outs where the wing to bukhead bolts go, and then an upside down U shaped bracket thah bolts over the bulkhead outrigger.

Best bet is to remove the wing, then offer up the bracket inside the wing (i'm assuming yours also has t he square plate that sandwhiches the outer wing panel? you'll need to cut this square out of the wing also)

Mine also needed a slight bit of fettling inside the wing... where the top and outer panels meet (and that row of small bolts are) i had to grind away about an inch, maybe half, of the "seam"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal