AuthorTopic: More for less  (Read 1296 times)

Offline lambert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
More for less
« on: June 22, 2011, 21:57:50 »
Hi all, anti roll bars. Is there a way of reducing the severity of the rear arb on a 90?

I don't want to remove mine as I do much towing and carrying so I need corner stability, I don't really want the x-eng quick release one partly because it is obviously custom and mostly it is quite dear. I had thought to see if a disco one is any softer if it would fit?

Basically I would like a bit more flex without too much cost or adverse affect on handling.

Any good ideas?
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: More for less
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 22:36:19 »
I've been tinkering with a quality, reliable and quick disconnect for a couple of years.  Have an idea now but little time to work on it.

AFAIKAFAIK the Disco bar is very similar to the Defender, even with a 2" lift and extra long shocks the rear one doesn't make a huge difference if you have any weight on the back (which admittedly you have more of an issue with), the RTI of a RRC changes very little with the addition of ARBs.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: More for less
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 16:07:01 »
in my experience you only gain a wee bit of droop with the rear ARB removed, okay if you really really want that extra half inch in competition (measure it yourself!) but the benefits of having it fitted on road out weigh the droop factor for me so I put mine back on.... Really not worth the hassle of going down the modified route either.

Anyhow... 15 minutes at most to take the standard arb off before that offroad trip.... keeps ya money.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal