Vehicle & Technical > Mitsubishi

bought a pajero an its got no power

(1/3) > >>

chrisdisco:
hi all, i bought a L reg lwb pajero 2.8 auto last night on ebay, did the silly thing of just trusting the owner an buying it an paying pay pal,  so i picked it up from plympton an drove back, all seemed ok,  after about 20 mile it lost all power didn't seem to rev over 3,000,,

ive been told today the oil pressure switch it leaking oil a lot an that thats put truck into safe mode, does this sound right to u guys, also its kicking out a lot of black smoke,

thanks in advance,

generation-x:
might be in limp mode think its time to get its codes read anyone local to you in the paj club that can assist?

you say you've been told ot may be the oil switch did the oil light come on at any time?
have you checked the dip stick?

cud be something like crank sensor failing,
does it run ok once cold?

Simon

chrisdisco:
thanks for reply,

yeah all seemed ok when cold, didn't notice any oil lights come on,  there is oil init but thinking if there is a prob the might of topped it up before i picked it up.

generation-x:
have you tried it again once its cooled down again to see if it runs ok?

carole:

--- Quote from: chrisdisco on June 20, 2011, 17:12:18 ---hi all, i bought a L reg lwb pajero 2.8 auto last night on ebay, did the silly thing of just trusting the owner an buying it an paying pay pal, 

--- End quote ---

you have done a sensible thing paying by paypal..... if the seller advertised incorrectly you can get paypal involved and get a refund. If you had paid cash unfortunately you would have no comeback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version