AuthorTopic: rangie classic imobilizer  (Read 1364 times)

Offline JIMBOBLY

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
rangie classic imobilizer
« on: November 23, 2010, 15:54:09 »
hello people,wondering if someone can help.ive got a problem with the rangie,3.9 v8,hot wire injection,on a 93 plate,it faulted a few times on way to work this mornin,and cut out when i got to work,and wont start again,i noticed i couldnt hear the pump in the tank workin,so i tested the wiring at the pump,and there's nothin,powerd the pump up straight from the battery,and the pump is workin,and petrol is flowin through the pipes,but still wont start,so im assuming its somethin to do with the immobilizer,where is the immobiliser,and can you bypass it,any ideas?always appreciate ya help anyone,cheers,jim
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 18:09:08 by JIMBOBLY »

Offline Bowie

Attack Member
Re: rangie classic imobilizer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 13:26:28 »
Much much more likely to be either the fuel pump fise, or the furl pump relay.

The immobilisers only tend to interrupt the starter circuit, so if it is cranking I would suggest the immobiliser is fine.

1980 SIII Lightweight 2.25 Petrol - completely standard.
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 - now on LPG (sorted!), 2" lift, mud tyres, and more to come...

Offline JIMBOBLY

Attack Member
Re: rangie classic imobilizer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 20:44:48 »
Much much more likely to be either the fuel pump fise, or the furl pump relay.

The immobilisers only tend to interrupt the starter circuit, so if it is cranking I would suggest the immobiliser is fine.

that actually is very true you say that,im used to workin on moden cars that have imobilisers on that interupt everything,but after all,this is a landrover we talking about,thankya mate,makes things more clearer in my head now,lol,cheers jim.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal