AuthorTopic: P38 - Manual - Neutral switch  (Read 2251 times)

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
P38 - Manual - Neutral switch
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:20 »
Hi all....

In my resolve to sort the issue with the low box constantly trying to engage, someone suggesting checking the gearbox neutral switch.... Now I have looked on RAVE and found its on the top of the box... I was just wondering if anyone has taken this apart before and whats the easiest way to get at it....

Cheers

Dave 

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline military mad 110

Attack Member
  • always a good excuse to get plastered in mud
    • torquay
  • Referrals: 0
Re: P38 - Manual - Neutral switch
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 21:53:11 »
we are having a similar problem does yours constantly say low in the dash warning display?

Offline squaddie_fox

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 13:24:46 »
Got the same problem on a diesel P38 with the low not engaging. says select neutral but it doesn't register the gear box is in neutral.

235/85 special tracks, 3.9 V8, HD bumpers, +3 inch lift, +5 shocks f&r, 12000lbs champion winch, heavy duty steering bars, CB and a snorkel....

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 23:59:08 »
Sorry all to whom replied.... have been caught up in the packing up house milarky at the moment... so will get round to looking again at it at Christmas probably...

But for info... the messages Im getting on the dash are - select neutral and when you do its a case of wagle the stick about a bit before it goes away then the other one is - slow down... I think on mine the Low box ecu has been disconnected as it was wanting to put it into low box constantly... but as I say I will have a look further when I have a bit more time to take it to bits...
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal