AuthorTopic: Terrano armour and general advice  (Read 3111 times)

Offline zagamac

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Terrano armour and general advice
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:45:07 »
Hi
Thinking of getting a Terrano SWB tdi.  I won't it to go greenlaning and the occassional pay and play day.  Would I need underbody armour for it? ie steering guard / diff guards / tank guard etc.  If it does where can you buy these bits, and anything else that must be done before taking it off road.

Previously had two discovery 300tdi's and a Jeep Cherokee 2.5TD, will the terrano impress me.  I like landy's but the rust is an issue and the reliability are an issue.  Also is the Terrano/Maverick club any good.

Cheers in advance.

Offline elty001

Attack Member
Re: Terrano armour and general advice
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 19:12:19 »
mods for the terrano are usually very expensive.
a company called asfir (i think) do full underbody guards but they are expensive.
milners do a 1 1/2"bodylift for about 80 quid.
putting lwb rear springs on the swb will give it an inch or so suspension lift.front torsion bars have to be wound up to suit.
all depends on how far you want to go and how deep your pocket is.
lsd as standard gets you out of alot of sticky situations but you are limited on the front end with the ifs.
a good all rounder but thats just my opinion and i am on my 3rd lwb terrano II.
owners club not bad but it costs a tenner to join.
now driving a frontera 2.2dti with a 2"spring lift,16"advantage at,s,cb and roof lights.

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
Re: Terrano armour and general advice
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 21:49:21 »
All terranos came out of the factory with a front bash guard - some loose them along the way (lazy mechanics can't be bothered putting them back on) - IMHO that is all that is needed, the diff definitely doesn't need it - its the same as the patrol axle and they don't guard them either. the ASFIR guards just loose you a whole load of clearance as they bridge the chassis rails right across.

Other than that - what elty says + I have a last couple of pairs of +2" SWB springs left in stock. 31s are biggest tyre without starting on more serious mods to the bulkhead to get em to fit.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal