AuthorTopic: 4x4RW Llandrindod Wells meeting  (Read 1814 times)

Offline paul_humphreys

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
4x4RW Llandrindod Wells meeting
« on: May 14, 2010, 19:23:47 »
4x4 Response Wales Recruitment Evening – Llandrindod Wells

4x4 Response Wales will be holding a recruitment and information evening at The Llanerch Inn LLANDRINDOD WELLS LD1 6BG on Wednesday 26th May starting at 7:30pm. The evening is aimed at existing 4x4 owners who would be willing to make themselves and their vehicles available to provide logistical support to the Emergency Planning Service and other agencies in the event of severe adverse weather or local emergency.

The Group was kept very busy across Wales in the heavy snow in January undertaking over 100 callouts in support of Emergency Services, Hospitals, and Social Care.

Similar evenings held recently in Cwmbran, Llandudno and Pencader have resulted in over 60 new members being recruited in less than 6 months.

Anyone who is interested in finding out more about the Group will be welcome to attend the Llandrindod Wells  meeting. Alternatively, there is plenty of information available from the Group Website at www.4x4responsewales.org.

It is planned to hold a regular monthly meeting in the area once a core local group is formed.

4x4 Response Wales organises regular training events in a number of relevant disciplines including Off Road Driving, Recovery Techniques, Communications and Navigation. Membership presents an ideal opportunity for 4x4 owners to learn to drive their vehicle safely off road and in adverse conditions and also to support their communities in times of need.

4x4 Response Wales is a registered charity offering logistical support to Emergency Planning Officers and Emergency Services during times of severe weather and other local emergency. The Group organises regular training and assessment weekends across Wales to prepare their volunteers and vehicles and to ensure that members can provide a high quality service when required.

4x4 Response Wales is part of the National 4x4 Response Network
LC 80 series 1993. 285/75/16s Cooper STTs, OME 850s on the front with 25mm packer, 868s on the rear. 4.88 diffs. Winch bumper with 12000lb winch. Factory lockers. HD rear bumper with wheel carrier and winch mount.

http://www.crag-uk.org

Offline deli hustler

Attack Member
Re: 4x4RW Llandrindod Wells meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 21:17:07 »
I would come and say hello as your in my local, but because of the history I better stay away
got kicked out an banned from the 4x4response forum for having the wrong car and not doing as he's told

Offline paul_humphreys

Attack Member
Re: 4x4RW Llandrindod Wells meeting
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 21:54:58 »
I would come and say hello as your in my local, but because of the history I better stay away

I am sure you would be made welcome, both of you. I will not be able to make it. You will know Andy anyway.

There is some good stuff in the planning that you might like :)

Paul
LC 80 series 1993. 285/75/16s Cooper STTs, OME 850s on the front with 25mm packer, 868s on the rear. 4.88 diffs. Winch bumper with 12000lb winch. Factory lockers. HD rear bumper with wheel carrier and winch mount.

http://www.crag-uk.org

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal