AuthorTopic: which tyres?  (Read 5118 times)

Offline wagpap

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
which tyres?
« on: February 24, 2010, 21:30:22 »
Hi folks

I drive a navara double cab and its currently on 35 x 14.50 x 16 pitbull rocker tyres, said tyres are coming to the end of thier life and after being quoted £372 each i've been looking round for an alternative. im currently leaning towards 325/80 x 16 cooper stt's. According to the website these are an equivilent to 37 x 13.50 x 16. Do any of you peeps run coopers and have any feedback on them? or maybe you have an alternative? They have to be agressive/mud pattern and a bare minimum size of 35 x 12.50 x 16 but slightly bigger would be better. look forward to any comments/info you may have.

Cheers Jon

Offline roccodog

Attack Member
  • 1995 300Tdi disco
Re: which tyres?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 16:28:24 »
Used to run khumo KL71's on my discovery thought they were the mutts nuts couldn't fault them.

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 19:46:49 »
I was going to get a set of Cooper STT's for my Terrano as had read good reports on them & they are supposed to be slow wearing :DOnly reason I didn't get them was that I sold the motor & got a V8 disco so went for AT's to try & save a bit on fuel ;) M8 had the Khumo KL71's (33") on his Navara  & he said they were great on road & the same off but he found that they did wear a bit quick for his liking :roll:
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline wagpap

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 20:50:11 »
cheers guys
i like the look of the khumo's  but i do a lot of road miles too so not keen on a poor wear rate' coopers sounding better all the time

jon

Offline elty001

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 19:47:44 »
had a set of cooper at's on my diahatsu sportrack and they were crap off road mate.
that was some years ago so these might be a bit better as the tread looks more aggresive.
how are you anyway its been a while,hows wagpap jnr doing?
now driving a frontera 2.2dti with a 2"spring lift,16"advantage at,s,cb and roof lights.

Offline wagpap

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 20:31:22 »
had a set of cooper at's on my diahatsu sportrack and they were crap off road mate.
that was some years ago so these might be a bit better as the tread looks more aggresive.

Nah then elton
yep alls well with little wags. as for the tyres im liking maxxis creepy crawlers at the mo but having trouble finding a dealer at sensible prices as im after a wheel/tyre package so i can get it onto steel rims. its gunna be a year of change for the truck as ive got some rather extreme mods in the pipline for it, so i can do challenge type events (not too competitively tho)

hope the families doing well?

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 22:31:24 »
Eh up fella.

"All Tyres Fitted" in Sherburn industrial estate are a Maxxis dealer - just had some Buckshot mudders off them last week myself.

4x4AT up at Catterick/Bedale (ish) should be able to sort you some wheels at a decent price
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

Offline wagpap

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 21:31:17 »
Eh up fella.

"All Tyres Fitted" in Sherburn industrial estate are a Maxxis dealer - just had some Buckshot mudders off them last week myself.

4x4AT up at Catterick/Bedale (ish) should be able to sort you some wheels at a decent price

ay up

sherburn is just round the corner from me, cheers  :)
I,ll bob in one day from work and see what they can do for me

Offline elty001

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 20:34:22 »

Nah then elton
yep alls well with little wags. as for the tyres im liking maxxis creepy crawlers at the mo but having trouble finding a dealer at sensible prices as im after a wheel/tyre package so i can get it onto steel rims. its gunna be a year of change for the truck as ive got some rather extreme mods in the pipline for it, so i can do challenge type events (not too competitively tho)

hope the families doing well?

alls well with the tribe just seem to be growing up too fast.
i looked at the creepy crawlies when i was tyre hunting but money was the main issue so i settled for the buckshot mudders.
never let me down yet...........but theres still time for that :lol:
now driving a frontera 2.2dti with a 2"spring lift,16"advantage at,s,cb and roof lights.

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 22:11:31 »
i settled for the buckshot mudders.

Mine did yesterday - but then I was in as far as the chassis on the drivers side and it was sinking further as I dug it out.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

Offline elty001

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 09:00:56 »
i settled for the buckshot mudders.

Mine did yesterday - but then I was in as far as the chassis on the drivers side and it was sinking further as I dug it out.
[/quote
the only thing i have noticed with these tyres on is the tendancy to lock up on tarmac if braking heavy.
would have had another set of kuhmo's but just couldn't afford them at the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal