AuthorTopic: Terrano/Mavrick Shockers  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Rich60

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Cherokee 4.0Ltr, Suzuki X90, Nissan Terrano 2.7td
    • Jersey
  • Referrals: 0
Terrano/Mavrick Shockers
« on: February 08, 2010, 14:17:46 »
Hi Guys
My Mavrick LWB TD needs a new set of shocks, anyone know if the Pro Comps are any good  :huh:, vehicle is only used on the road and is Std hight.
Also if they are any good, where would be the best place to get a set?

Thanks
Greetings From The Cesspit Of The Earth...

Offline morson4x4

Attack Member
    • Salisbury
Re: Terrano/Mavrick Shockers
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:40:45 »
pro comp are a decent make quite commonly used but usually found used for lifting if replacing shock and use it offroad why not consider getting springs and giving it a +2 lift (check radius arms and if braided hoses are needed) but dont see why not for norm use best place to buy is probably britpart.com or paddocksspares.com
One Life, Live It

Offline Whatmot

Attack Member
  • Come Alive, Come and Drive!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 21:32:22 »
Contrary to what "morson4x4" has said, a few people I know have had nothing but issues with Pro-Comps ie leaking. Relatively speaking they are cheap, however if that is what you are after then speak to David  @LLama4X4 about a set/pair of Rough Countries. I would personally pay a little bit more some; Ebay have a pair of (gas) Monroe's for 90 odd quid, and my mate got me a pair of KYB Gas-Adjusts for £70 (before I upgraded to Old Man Emu's). If I had stuck with normal oil filled shocks they would only cost me £30 for a pair. Just my opinion of course..
Tom aka Whatmot

Seen the Pyrenees and briefly saw Norway; Loved it so much, we are going again next year!

'98 Ford Maverick
Cooper S/T's, Midland CB, Electric Cooling Fans, Disconnecting Anti- Roll Bars and a SS Exhaust

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 22:37:19 »
speak to David  @LLama4X4 about a set/pair of Rough Countries.

not sure if David has any stock of Rough Country's in Terrano fitment but I have - PM me for details.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal