AuthorTopic: right guys, terrano 2- any good?  (Read 4423 times)

Offline jay2578

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Tayside 4x4 Response
  • Referrals: 0
right guys, terrano 2- any good?
« on: January 07, 2010, 16:01:46 »
might be getting a terrano 2, but the fuhrer-in-law (who knows everything about everything.....EVER!) reckons they`re cack. so your combined strength would be appreciated to help me defeat the dark-side!
Chairman & Trustee
Tayside 4x4 Response
Scottish Charity No. SC042452
info@tayside4x4response.co.uk

`96 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 (ZJ)
225/70/r16 Marix Puma muds
Roof lights and rack

"It`s a JEEP not a Land Rover!"

Offline bigezzo

Attack Member
Re: right guys, terrano 2- any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 17:04:52 »
dont know that much bout them other than they are usually a 2.7tdi engined 3 or 5 door, with ifs suspension up front and a live axle at the rear... which sometimes has an "lsd" installed from the factory....

other than that i dont know much.

my uncle shrekster had a maverick and he body lifted it 2" and fitted some 31" special tracks to it and it went really well indeed....

indeed ifs is a buger for flex up front but if the back flexes enough then its ok...

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 23:49:42 »
I had one for 3 years & hardly had to do any repairs on it  :Pon road they are great & my SWB handled like a hot hatch & there is plenty of go in them I can tell you. Off road I found it great only ever got stuck once in it & that was my bad driving :oops: The IFS can limit clearance a touch but you just glide over on the front skid plate :lol:The LSD rear axle is fantastic & if you have only grip on 1 rear wheel you will keep moving. Off road parts can be harder to get so alot of peeps make their own. I don't think they get the credit they should in my eyes as good as any shogun but with more power ;) I now got a V8 disco but still miss my Terrano :roll:
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 00:24:40 »
dont know that much bout them other than they are usually a 2.7tdi engined 3 or 5 door, with ifs suspension up front and a live axle at the rear... which sometimes has an "lsd" installed from the factory....

They all have LSDs except some of te very very last ones.

Engines are

2.4i Petrol - 125bhp
2.7 TD - 100bhp
2.7TDi - 125bhp
3.0ZTDi - 176bhp

figures approx, can't remember precise ones but gives you an idea. The 2.7TDi will outrun a TD5 landy because it has less weight to pull about. No cambelt to snap and the engines are mega strong - they are the london taxi engine of choice. Early gearboxes a bit weak oter than that mechanics are pretty bomb proof.
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

Offline morson4x4

Attack Member
    • Salisbury
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:13 »
They are spot on i am a landy lover and my terrano was supposed to be a temp car to get me on the road but i seem to of kept it for over a year now and never gone wrong, off road its spot on keeps up with the landys unmodified (except AT tyres) put my friends v8 rangey to shame, i will get a landy soon but terrano to much fun, also had a 40mph fdront end smash engine still purrs all it needed was new rad and bonnet rather supprising for the speed of impact, so overall id give it 9/10 for all rounder. hope this helps
One Life, Live It

Offline jay2578

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Tayside 4x4 Response
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 19:23:37 »
cheers for your opinions guys, i thought they were pretty good but the fuhher-in-law put doubts in my mind so thought i`d ask.
 looks like i`ve ended up with the D2 for now anyway
Chairman & Trustee
Tayside 4x4 Response
Scottish Charity No. SC042452
info@tayside4x4response.co.uk

`96 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 (ZJ)
225/70/r16 Marix Puma muds
Roof lights and rack

"It`s a JEEP not a Land Rover!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal