AuthorTopic: immobiliser need some help???????????  (Read 1478 times)

Offline snorkley

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
immobiliser need some help???????????
« on: August 09, 2009, 20:10:08 »
ok got a 1.8 freebie 2 door today 1999 v reg,everything sound,was sitting waiting for ferry home with radio on but not dash ights,my son was playing with the central locking switch,after about 20 minutes later went to start and the lights came on but engine wouldnt turn over so tried remote nothing,tried several times locked unlocked door with key tried fob nothing,prior to this everything fine remote worked, car beebed until key in ignition and started any ideas,i need to shift asap in morning as its still in lane for ferry lol
cheers gus
2001 disco td5 monte carlo blue defender 90 300tdi 2 inch lift etc,bonati grey

Offline DoubleTop

Attack Member
Re: immobiliser need some help???????????
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 20:20:50 »
the car beeping until the key is in the ignition is the car telling you that the key fob battery is flat.  In the drivers side, an unlock1 to open drivers door, then turn and hold the key to the left (unlock) for a few seconds to perfom a manual hard unlock.

I think, but not 100% sure, that there is a way of disabling the immobiliser using key turns in the ignition when the fob battery goes flat.  If you can get a fob battery local, then try that though as it's a bit of a faff.

DT.
Currently playing Space Pioneers
on transfer from bootcamp, if this link is used my account is credited with 25 premium points

Offline snorkley

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 20:33:39 »
cheers mate didnt realise that,so normaly it makes no beeping sound? i can get a battery for remote no problem,anything i need to do to reset it when new battery fitted?
cheers gus

Offline snorkley

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 17:17:33 »
ok all sorted with new fob battery,but back door wont open or window go down even using switch on dash.checked fuse for window it fine??? any help
cheers gus

Offline DoubleTop

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 21:00:36 »
cheers mate didnt realise that,so normaly it makes no beeping sound? i can get a battery for remote no problem,anything i need to do to reset it when new battery fitted?
cheers gus

yes, normal operation is quiet when you get in the car, I've a neighbour with a nice shiny Freelander and he was very happy with the job lot of batteries I got from HK on ebay :lol:  He also assumed it was just the alarms normal operation :)

DT.
Currently playing Space Pioneers
on transfer from bootcamp, if this link is used my account is credited with 25 premium points

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal