AuthorTopic: Deestone tyres, directional?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Artwigwa

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Deestone tyres, directional?
« on: June 24, 2009, 21:14:11 »
Quick question  :D

Are Deestone 7.50's directional  :huh:

as I have two to fit on the front of my series, they do have faint red and green rings running around the tyre as there quite
new.

Same as ones in picture bellow

Thanks

Offline NiteMare

Attack Member
  • Birmingham by The Fort
    • Birmingham by The Fort
Re: Deestone tyres, directional?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 02:01:35 »
not directional as far as i know, if they are there would be an arrow on the sides showing which way round to put them (arrow faces direction of travel)....

i'd be very wary of them in the wet, i have them on the back of my truckcab 88" and in the slightest damp they slide on islands and junctions in Birmingham (even when i only had my 2.25 diesel powering it rather than the 200Tdi)
it ain't broke ...

i ain't fixed it enough

Offline Artwigwa

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 17:17:26 »
not directional as far as i know, if they are there would be an arrow on the sides showing which way round to put them (arrow faces direction of travel)....

I'd be very wary of them in the wet, i have them on the back of my truckcab 88" and in the slightest damp they slide on islands and junctions in Birmingham (even when i only had my 2.25 diesel powering it rather than the 200Tdi)

OK, thanks for that  :D  I did look for direction arrows but could not see any!?  I dont understand what the green and red band is around the tyre??

Offline tonycougar

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 22:04:22 »
I use Deestone 7,50s as my mud tyres. They are a bit jumpy in the wet, but they are good in the sticky stuff.
If theres a harder way to do it I`ll find it!!

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 22:35:59 »
Not Directional as such but you have them on the right way round.  ;)

As i was told by a wise man many moons ago, the Goodyear Xtra grip as used on the military land rovers (Same pattern as the deestone) Were fitted as you have them above. Look at them and picture the outer lugs and you get a    V V pattern all around the tyre this is the way to have them as they self clean better that way.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline mayhem16uk

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 16:40:36 »
the green and red rings are purely for identifying the tyres in the factory when they are in big stacks.
thats going on the basis that all tyre companys do the same like.

nothing more than that.
1990 3.5 V8 Discovery, 5inch lift, 285/75/16 BFG Muds

Defender 90 Ragtop 2.5NA :(, 285/75/16 BFG Muds, Snorkel, Light Bar, Spots, Roll Cage

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal