AuthorTopic: 1978 series 3  (Read 880 times)

Offline discowoman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • my own worst enemy!!
    • Gornal West Midlands
  • Referrals: 0
1978 series 3
« on: May 02, 2009, 20:41:02 »
spotted today for sale, 2.25 diesel SWB (even though it says 109 on his ad!!) overdrive and capstan winch, looks quite tidy - bit of rot on the bulkhead - but nothing major.. going to knock the door tomorrow as its been for sale for quite a while now, so a quick poke about and start asking questions I think - then find out what they want for it - then laugh at him and ask again.. :lol:
Is there anything I need to look out for with the winch and overdrive? also what were the late 70-'s landys like for the dreaded rot? (only ever had Tax exempt ones that were built from REAL metal  ;) )

Offline bigant

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • hmm whats this then...
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 1978 series 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 16:15:38 »
far as i know with the winches long as all the bits are there and looked after they should last as long as the rest of it ^^
mines a 79 and shes no worse with the rust worm than a tax exempt one. they should all be pretty much the same :) biggest diffrence between this one and the 1969 one i had before is 44 mpg not 18 ^^
And the Leaf spring shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million Series like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of the Coil shall tremble - ollr 15:4

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal