AuthorTopic: 110 2nd row seats  (Read 2670 times)

Offline sleepy straven

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
110 2nd row seats
« on: April 02, 2009, 19:34:05 »
I have hit the usual problem. with the kids getting a bit bigger their feet now hit against the back of the front seats when they are in the car seats. Has anyone any great ideas on improving the legroom for the 2nd row seats?
Options so far are:
Option 1: Fit the xmoor trim 2nd row plus extension kit but I have heard that the fixings for these are not up to much and also not worth the amount of money. Any views?
Option 2: Remove existing 2nd row and fit the front facing fold ups with intergral seat belts at the front of the wheel box rather than the rear. Problem with ths would be reducing down to two seats in the second row from three but would give fabby legroom.
Option 3: go with option 2 and amend if someone can come up with an plan to get three seats in.
Option 4: Buy a new 110.
Option 5: ideas from any wizards on here.

Thanks in advance
SS
had a 90 hard top till it fell on it's head. Now have a 110 CSW

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: 110 2nd row seats
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 22:06:52 »
file their legs down
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Martin110

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 22:44:14 »
This is a case of what do you love more the 110 or the kids lol seems like something has got to go!
Martin
Discovery 2 Td5

Offline Dinkydave

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 00:17:30 »
What age are your kids SS?

Also what kiddie seats do you have?

My 3 year old is in a Maxi Cosi at the moment but we've got him a recarro seat to go up into when he's 4. It sits bolt upright in the 2nd row and uses the normal 3 point seat belt.
It's as if he's sitting in a normal seat just slightly higher up, plenty of leg room.

I'd look into a different kiddie seat mate

Ade

Offline sleepy straven

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 10:05:43 »
So it looks like either filing the kids legs down or selling them on eblag!!!!

They are in the maxi cosi seats but at present their legs are not quite long enough to bend at the edge of the seat so they stick staright out and hit the back of mine.

I suppose that when they get bigger their legs will bend down and as you say as they are sitting higher up then there will be plenty of leg room. Possibly the problem is only going to be a short lived one before returning once they leave the child seats.
had a 90 hard top till it fell on it's head. Now have a 110 CSW

Offline Dinkydave

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:15:45 »
I had real problems when I decided to put RRC front seats in.

Because they're so much thicker than normal 110 seats they only had a couple of inches of leg room, they couldn't put their legs out straight and I could only just get them in.
They came back out pretty sharpish!!

Yeah I'd give it time, once they're sitting up properly you'll have tons of room

Offline Priglet

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 11:59:36 »
I'm considering removing the current seats altogether and getting a storage box made up to the height of the wheel boxes. Once I have a nice flat level area I'm hoping to chuck in seats from something like a verso.

At the moment it's only considering so I haven't even got around to measuring the space to see what seats will fit, or working out how to make the box for them to mount on.

Phil
Phil

Daisy the 110SW, a greenhouse on wheels.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:04 »
I revise my first post as filing the legs down is probably more hassle than it worth.

My 110 2nd row has the basic hinged/folding seats. I also have a dog guard fitted directly behind these seats. If I was to remove the back rests from the second row and leave the bases I would gain about 5 inches at least and still have support for the child seat backs via the dog guard and seat belts. Dog guard for 110 csw is about 80 squids.

Offline Dave K

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 17:28:19 »
I revise my first post as filing the legs down is probably more hassle than it worth.

My 110 2nd row has the basic hinged/folding seats. I also have a dog guard fitted directly behind these seats. If I was to remove the back rests from the second row and leave the bases I would gain about 5 inches at least and still have support for the child seat backs via the dog guard and seat belts. Dog guard for 110 csw is about 80 squids.

Highbacks + Doguard.
If they don't fit in seats, chuck the in the back, (or sell them). :shock:
Hopefully the children will grow in time & you can lose the Childseats, or just use the booster cushion base. :dance:

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 17:39:18 »

Highbacks + Doguard.

Mine are all like your middle seat, you can see if back removed they would gain a few inches, maybe even just folded down.

Offline Sabo

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 19:46:36 »
Hi
Just browsing and saw your question, I have a 110 and changed the 2nd row to 2 off Monaco seats - look like race seats (actually are and a good price).  Did some metalwork and fitted them - my lad is now 6' and climbing and still fits - only 14!  The other is only 10 and has no problem, if you want pics let me know.

Dave
Nottingham
Sabo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal