AuthorTopic: shogun query  (Read 1711 times)

Offline toady

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
shogun query
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:37:03 »
I have the chance of a 93 shogun swb td jap import, its a lovely thing, but she has a slight prob, she starts and idles perfect, but when you rev her up she misses something terrible, i was thinking injector, pump or valve at the worst??? any thoughts??????
thanks all!!! :D

Offline mad geordies

Attack Member
Re: shogun query
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:37:44 »
you will learn with these jap paj/shoguns when they go wrong best thing is too always start with the easy and cheapest fix first
if its missing ( 2,5 or 2,8) when reving up change the fuel filter, possbly knacked or seal on filter is knacked sucking air in,
check for leaks damp on fuel lines round the filler neck prone to pin holes again sucking air in
check for wetness round the injectors where they go into engine

check timing in 2,5
when as it last serviced?

Offline toady

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 13:10:57 »
you will learn with these jap paj/shoguns when they go wrong best thing is too always start with the easy and cheapest fix first
if its missing ( 2,5 or 2,8) when reving up change the fuel filter, possbly knacked or seal on filter is knacked sucking air in,
check for leaks damp on fuel lines round the filler neck prone to pin holes again sucking air in
check for wetness round the injectors where they go into engine

check timing in 2,5
when as it last serviced?

might sound daft, but how would I go about checking the timing on these, and  I have no idea when she was serviced last??

Offline mad geordies

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 18:28:21 »
what size is it first
2,5 take timing cover off, you will see a notch in the camshaft wheel, and you can see the little triangle timing mark, line it up using a 17m spanner, look down at the bottom pully and you can see the timing marks on the plastics, and again on the injection pump they are all marked up just a [ed: naughty] to get the plastics off lol

Offline toady

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 19:17:09 »
well.............. ive bought the shogun, mmmmmmmmmm :oops: got it in the garage, and had a good look around, on turbo side of the engine at the back of the manifold there is a little disk that when you get to roughley 3000 revs lifts and makes a shocking rattling noise :shocked:!!and it sprays a bit oil out too, still really missy and noisy when you rev her up, appart from that all looks good, no seeping or damp around any injector pipes or connections, the filter will need changing though I think?? any ideas, with that flappy bit could it be turbo, looks ok but what do you think??? [-o<

Offline J_K

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 14:23:46 »
That might be an EGR blanking plate gone wrong..

I've got a petrol paj so don't know where the diesel one is so just a possible suggestion.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline carracarra13

Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 10:55:35 »
Ive had this problem with a 2.5 disel and with ours it was a tiny pinprick hole in the inlet fuel pipe, the silleest thins some times can stop these beasts in there tracks

v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal