AuthorTopic: nissan terrano ii 2.7td swb  (Read 5134 times)

Offline mudcop

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
nissan terrano ii 2.7td swb
« on: February 20, 2009, 15:11:13 »
My wife has the above car but it has developed a squeak ( the car not my wife) when the car is on the road it squeaks when you turn the steering and as you drive along, but jack the car up and turn the steering and there is no squeak, i have wd40'd all the bushes underneath and the suspension but she still squeaks, as this is getting very annoying and the garage keep charging huge amounts for looking at it and then not being able to find fault, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be. Cheers. :grin:

bukshot

Re: nissan terrano ii 2.7td swb
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 15:34:38 »
 :doh: Squeaks are so frustrating arnt they.  :roll:
Could it be an internal squeak ?  :-k

Offline mudcop

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 20:40:48 »
More chance of fixing the terrano than that   [-X after driving through flood water, the problem started and the noise is now getting worse, seems to come from lower arm where torsion bars fix, but arm looks fine, who knows

Offline shrekster

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 18:19:31 »
My wife has the above car but it has developed a squeak ( the car not my wife) when the car is on the road it squeaks when you turn the steering and as you drive along, but jack the car up and turn the steering and there is no squeak, i have wd40'd all the bushes underneath and the suspension but she still squeaks, as this is getting very annoying and the garage keep charging huge amounts for looking at it and then not being able to find fault, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be. Cheers. :grin:

Its the drop link arms .. mine did it..
YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 20:31:30 »
It could be the drop links as mentioned but you often get a slight knock which i'm getting at the min (only replaced them a year ago)but at £10 each it's not that bad, If it's happening on full lock then it'll be the steering lock stops & new ones from Nissan are £3 each (4 needed) but a good covering of grease will shut them up as even new stops need covering in grease ;)
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline markmark

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 19:26:23 »
could it be your steering pump ? if your stuck for one im breaking the whole car and have got a good pump on it 

thanks mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal