AuthorTopic: V8 wont start, Please Help.  (Read 1124 times)

Offline 300TDi Disco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
V8 wont start, Please Help.
« on: February 01, 2009, 19:13:58 »
Firstly i notice when i had the ignition on the rev counter needle would flick from one side to the other and the got lack of power, so i changed the leads  over for some performance silicone ones and now it doesn't start. I then changed the leads back to the original ones and it still doesn't start. I have had the lead from the coil to the head of the engine to check out for a spark and guess what, No Spark. I have changed the coil as i thought the coil had gone down but still no spark. any idea's???? It has a range rover 3.5 v8 engine if it makes any difference. Hope someone can helps, Cheers
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 19:17:30 by V8defender90 »
Let's Ave It.
One Life, Get One

Peugeot 206 XS
Fiat Ducato (work van)
Disco 300TDI

Offline zulublue

Attack Member
Re: V8 wont start, Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 23:48:10 »
Dissie Cap  / rotor arm, worth changing for a few quid.

Offline fezzy192

Attack Member
  • THERES NOTHING BETTER IN LIFE THAN THE GREEN OVAL
    • birmingham
Re: V8 wont start, Please Help.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:55:51 »
Firstly i notice when i had the ignition on the rev counter needle would flick from one side to the other and the got lack of power, so i changed the leads  over for some performance silicone ones and now it doesn't start. I then changed the leads back to the original ones and it still doesn't start. I have had the lead from the coil to the head of the engine to check out for a spark and guess what, No Spark. I have changed the coil as i thought the coil had gone down but still no spark. any idea's???? It has a range rover 3.5 v8 engine if it makes any difference. Hope someone can helps, Cheers
hi mate  have a look if youve got a pwer feed to the coil ?
what year is it as the amplifer goes on the side of the dizzy ( i have a spare if you need lol)
hope this helps

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal