AuthorTopic: Spot Light Problems  (Read 959 times)

Offline BigBlueBeast

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
  • Referrals: 0
Spot Light Problems
« on: November 25, 2008, 21:28:39 »
I have a LWB Shogun 2.5TD 1993 K and I am trying to wire up my spots with the main beam. I have the relays all wired up, all is good except I cannot find the wire to connect pin 85 to. I have tested it with all the connection at the back of the multiplug on the bulb, but it stays on with ALL of them! It's starting to get to me! I have corrently got it wired up to a switch so I can have them on.

If anyone can help, please do.
http://www.NCCPhotography.co.uk
1997 'P' 300TDi Disco 1 called Daisy - Sold
1992 'K' Shogun Mk2 LWB called Misty - 4x roof spots
                                                          4x front spots - 440 watts TOTAL atm
                                                          CB fitted - channel 21 - All SOLD
1996 "P" Vauxhall Frontera - SOLD
1992 "J" Toyota Hilux - SOLD
1992 "J" Mitsubishi Pajero - SOLD
1995 "M" Land Rover Discovery V8 - SOLD
Next One - 1986 Land Rover 90, EX-Military Yellow - SOLD
1996 "P" Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE LPG Converted, Blue

'YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY'

Offline padjy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Spot Light Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:24:53 »
hi mate, i think around 92-93 there was a change in the wiring but this is how i ve wired mine up and its a 94

PIN 30 = fused live from the battery

PIN 87 = to the spots

PIN 85 = headlight main beam wire ( on the multi plug, cant remember wich one it is exacly but its one of them)

PIN 86 = earth feed on the headlight multi-plug

theres a slight difference in the wiring on earlier mk2's apparently and to make the spots come on when you flash it has to go to the headlight earth wire because if you just run it to a normal earth on the chassis they will only come on with main beam after you flick them on and not when you flash aswell...... :? did that make any sense?

however, on the 4 middle ones on the roof, ( the two outside ones on the roof are wired up as above) ive run the wire off pin 85 into the cab to a switch------then from the switch in the cab to the headlight main beam wire on the multiplug.

if that didnt make any sense let me know and ill try find a diagram from somewhere.

AND try www.pajerouk.co.uk because im sure thats where i got the info to wire mine up and theres plenty on there to go on.

HTH :wink:
Im not HERE coz im not all THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/Bones2k7

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal