AuthorTopic: Shogun Fan - Viscous or electric?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Wilky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Shogun Fan - Viscous or electric?
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:24:49 »

I have a '97 (pre-facelift) Shogun 2.5 GLS SWB, it currently has a viscous fan, but I heard that fitting an electric one will improve the fuel economy by up to 8%, has anybody changed their's and noticed an improvement? I'm getting around 28mpg at the minute. I've seen a few on ebay but they state that they're for the air con model and mine doesn't have air con, are they still interchangeable? I've looked at the Kenlow but I'd rather not spend £180 if it isn't going to make a difference.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:49:53 by Wilky »
Mazda B2500 Twin cab
Mitsubishi Shogun 2.5 GLS
Suzuki Vitara offroad toy

Offline padjy

Attack Member
Re: Shogun Fan - Viscous or electric?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:14:04 »
28mpg!!!!!!!! :shock: i only just manage 20 if im really lucky!

ive been thinkin about it as apparently you notice a slight improvement in power because you dont have the drag of the fan on the engine. when you say for the air con model are you sure theyre not the little ones in front of the air con radiators?

if it is the radiator fan then the aircon one youve seen should be fine, id have thought it was just bigger because with aircon youve got two radiators to pull air through, so the one youve seen should give better cooling than the non aircon one....... if ive just made no sense let me know.....the phone kept going while i was ttrying to write this..... :oops:
Im not HERE coz im not all THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/Bones2k7

Offline Wilky

Attack Member
Re: Shogun Fan - Viscous or electric?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 19:30:25 »
Thanks for the reply, you might have saved me a couple of quid, as I was just going to buy one and give it a go, but if they're the fan for the aircon, then it might not do the job, I'll have to get up to Thornton Breakers and see if I can have a look at one in the flesh, so to speak and take it from there, thanks again - Wilky
Mazda B2500 Twin cab
Mitsubishi Shogun 2.5 GLS
Suzuki Vitara offroad toy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal