AuthorTopic: How hard can it be?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Gordo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Cambridgeshire
  • Referrals: 0
How hard can it be?
« on: October 22, 2008, 18:42:05 »
It all started when I decided to remove the sump guard to clean behind it after Abingdon.

There are a number of bolts and self-tapping screws holding various parts together, and the heads of many of them had been chewed by a clumsy mechanic. As the service history is 100% LR dealers, I'll let you draw your own conclusion  :?

So to make life easier for myself I thought I'd replace them with new ones. I went to my local dealer thinking that they'd have a comprehensive parts manual and have them in stock or be able to order them easily. Ummm... no.

The diagrams are vague, and on first attempt we got self-tapping screws that were too short. I did actually need them too, so all was not lost, but the bolts were a more pressing requirement.

The dealer has now ordered in every screw and bolt that's in the parts list for the front bumper and under tray - and none of them are the right size...  :doh:

For something that's likely to be damaged or lost in routine servicing, I'm astounded.
Some say that this is just a random collection of letters, and that it can only be
understood by Top Gear's tame racing driver. All we know is, it's called The Sig.

Land Rover Freelander SE Td4 | Defender 110 XS Double-Cab

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal