AuthorTopic: LSE  (Read 1227 times)

Offline adafish

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
LSE
« on: September 09, 2008, 16:01:51 »
I know a few of you on here ave them, i did once and still like em....I'm watching one on Ebay at the mo, i've offered him a decent amount and he's accepted..Its the soft dash model on a Mplate with 146'000 on the clock.all the paper work uptil 122,000...Does look in good nick, and i'm still finking....apart from doors n sills (which i expect to be in good con) what else to look for, and what would you pay for something like this.?

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Re: LSE
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 20:39:34 »
ADA.... we bought a 93 K plate with 92K on the clock... FLRSH... and an engine change done by LR putting a brand new 4.6 in. There was rust on the A pillars & sills and we neede a new air susp pump within a few weeks.

We paid £3K

Skibum
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 20:44:24 by Skibum346 »

Offline adafish

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 14:30:34 »
well the one i finking about is £3850...it could be a investment...i will have to fink hard about it tho

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:39:28 »
ADA,

What's the mileage and history...?

TRy talking to Range Rover Blues... he is an LSE fanatic and might have some useful info.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 18:53:20 »
Softies are worth quite a bit more, the hard dash ones ae getting broken up at a frightening rate.

You'll find a lot of bits are diferent though so check EVERYTHING works.  Some switches etc are Disco 300 but many are unique to the softie.

Rear crossmember as always, the brooklands bodykit makes the old condensation problem 10 times worse.

If it's got a 4.6 then check it's had the ECU done, if not bank on another £400 to get it sorted, it needs doing.  The sills also suffer with the brooklands kit, take them off and get some hamerite on them.

At the moment, £3800 is about top dollar but I reckon it's the most collectable RRC and a bit of a steal for the right money.

Check the interior carefully, it's different enough to the hard dash to make finding parts a nightmare.  If the seat memory doesn't work that'll cost up to £150 for a second hand ECU.

Don't worry about the EAS, the worst that can happen is you need to replace the whole lot and once you do it will be the best handling LSE money can buy.

The 4.2 can be economical but if it isn't a camshaft might be in order.  They had a lower C:R than the 3.9 on which it's based so can do stellar mileages, or can expire at 90 odd thousand with cracked blocks.  Overheating is often the cause so check the cooling systme is ok, if in doubt put a new rad in.

Do not under any circumstances put extra long shocks on, be careful as a lot of the standard shocks are now longer than they should be :-.

oh yes, the rear doors are made by cutting 100 inch RRC doors in half and adding a flitch plate, so the bottom of the rear doors will rust away to nothing, letting road noise into the cabin.

They are an excellent towcar.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal