Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

ABS Fault

<< < (2/5) > >>

landandy:
This shows a different way to old link?

jnoshea:
Yes, it is slightly different as the plug is a different type. I wrote the original workshop article but even I don't have a copy any more (probably still have the photos somewhere though). Anyway, the procedure is the same as the one outlined in this pdf (2.6 MB but worth the download) which is for the Range Rover.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ppzjno/pdf/ABSBlinkTest.pdf

NIVAD:
Ive avoided mine for years it works then it doesnt.

Then the other weekend i gave it some abuse in the mud and the abs was pumping alot.

Since then my light goes out as sweat as a nut everytime  :D

dazliss:
Ok My Disco must be an anomolly but I have no wires going to either pin 15 or 14 nor do I have a Pink/Black wire anywhere. Also I have bought an OBDII fault reader which won't communicate with the car either. any other ideas?

Am I right in thinking if this light is still showing come MOT time its a failiure?

oilburningcossack:
most OBD11s will only read cars petrol after 2001 and diesel after 2004 I need a fault reader and phoned a few suppliers up, as soon as I said it was for a 97 disco they all said that other than this new thing Hawkeye only landrover software would read their ECUs I know some can be read but it was only in the US that OBD11 had to be fitted by 1996 so NAS landrovers would have the 16 pin plug, mine has one in the drivers foot well, but you get no feed from it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version