AuthorTopic: Grand Cherokee bonnet struts  (Read 1334 times)

Offline boogieman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Grand Cherokee bonnet struts
« on: August 21, 2008, 16:47:27 »
Hi - been looking at ebay for some new struts to hold my bonnet up & they seem to come in at £45 - £50 for a pair including postage. Anyone know of a cheaper/better source ?
 I'd also like to upgrade my stereo 'cos the original one doesn't like playing home recorded cds - even tho' in all other respects it works & sounds great. Any recommendations ?

Cheers   :smiley:

Offline J66P

Attack Member
Jeep Cherokee Ltd 4 litre on LPG, 4"+ lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, R/C Shockers, Insa Sahara's, Rusty's Engine and Transmission Skid, Warn Transfer Case Guard, Safari Snorkel, Safari Rack with HiLift Jack, Aussie rear locker, Power trax Front Locker, Hayden Tranny Cooler

SJ413, 3"lift, 6 point roll cage, Power Steered, 12000lbs winch, SU carb conversion, BFG MT's, Rear disc

Offline jonnyk

Attack Member
Re: Grand Cherokee bonnet struts
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 18:18:26 »
I replaced all my radio equipment, head unit, amp, CD changer with an Alpine unit which included flip screen DVD/CD head unit, 6 CDchanger and DVD based sat nav unit.

Cost a fair bit but i got it all of ebay so saved some money there. The reason i went with Alpine is they sell an interface module that allows you to maintain the use of your steering wheel controls.

Have a look at there website and see what you think.

J

Offline boogieman

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 19:45:34 »
Thanks for the replies. I'll be checking out your recommendations.  :thumbup: :smiley:

Offline boogieman

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 16:52:28 »
Hello - just thought I'd post a little update to my recent Jeep questions  :smiley:

Well I charged the battery up & took the Jeep down to the local garage & after first testing it & telling me the battery was useless, he tested it again 'just to make sure' ........... whereupon he told me it was in fact a good battery, but just needed more charge  :doh:
 So after several more hours it was fully charged & has been working fine now for the last couple of weeks. Even the under bonnet light's decided to work - it never has in the 18 months I've owned the Jeep  :lol:

Bonnet strut-wise, I took garyf's advice & contacted   http://stores.ebay.com.au/gas-strut-guys_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm  who only took a week to send me a pair that worked out at £27 including pp compared to the prices I'd got from UK firms at £45 - £50. There're now fitted & what a great job done - makes life alot easier  :D

Audio - wise, well I'm still looking around. I like the existing head unit but it's not liking CD-Rs which I do like  :rolleyes:

Does anyone know anyone or a good company to contact in the Nott'm/Derby areas who could help me with a good audio upgrade ? I'm definitely not up to a diy job  :smiley:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal