AuthorTopic: Disco went for an mot today  (Read 345 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco went for an mot today
« on: July 31, 2008, 16:08:27 »
AND PASSED!! ;D :o

Oh yes people. Ye of little faiths!!! It passed first time. A few advisories but nothing major. Quiet funny really!!!

chip in windscreen. Been there 3 years!
rear brake pads wearing thin. cheap enough to change!
rear exhaust box has slightly deteroated. Yeah. The bit from the silencer to the open world rusted off on the drive!!! ;D
srs (air bag) warning light on. Has been for 3 years!
o/s front tyre has deep cut enough to reach wire but less than 25mm in length so still safe to drive on.
And the funniest one.
Rear reflector taped on!! He has never written that 1 before!! My end cap fell off whilst off roading then on a motorway. I got another reflector and taped it on ages ago. He said it cant fail as it is there doing its job ;D

So I have another 12months mot. Woopie  ;D

I got in the disco to find a note from the mot chap to say that the nut loose (ie 2 threads holding it on) on the n/s shock absorber mount. He said so since it was loose that shock absorber was doing nothing. I was wondering what the clonking noise was since October / November time. Now it is sorted. so now I have a 2 working shock absorbers at the back it may tow the caravan better. I will find out next weekend!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 16:14:17 by muddyjames »
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline peasey

Attack Member
Re: Disco went for an mot today
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 18:12:07 »
oh mate well done,where did you get it tested he sounds like a nice bloke and sympathetic to the land rover cause.I think i might need a guy like that as my cream cheese boot floor is getting close to its sell by date as i have just spent most of the day staring at it whilst replacing my a frame bushes :shock: :shock:
HIT IT AND HIT IT HARD

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
Re: Disco went for an mot today
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 18:16:43 »
The same tester found £600 worth wrong with the other car in Feb!!

I dont think a boot floor is a failure as when I bought my disco it had a rotten out floor but a long mot so deffo didnt happen over night after the mot was given.

I am very supprised it passed though. He said he ran out of time to do something else as they are only allowed to be logged on for so long apperently.. Cant remember what it was though.

It was a garage near Banbury oxfordshire.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal