AuthorTopic: Help please! PCM for Jeep Grand Cherokee 1998 4.OL automatic petrol  (Read 1854 times)

Offline fran

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
I have been experiencing problems with the automatic gearbox of my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  It seems to be in a higher gear at times and the problem is getting worse.  It has also started to rough idle and feels like it will stall.  I took it into the dealer, but they were unable to identify the problem because there was no communication with the PCM, which they advised me is needed to assess communication with the TCM.  They quoted me over £700 to replace the PCM.  Does anyone know where I can get a used PCM and whether it has to be programmed to my Jeep.  The part number is P56041 520AC. Thanks

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
Maybe GT 4x4 in Essex...but....where are you in the UK?????
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline nick h

Attack Member
as per other poster - where are you?

if in Notts/Derbys/Yorks i can put you in touch with my expert (many years Jeep main dealer experience before he went on his own)

he's that good people bring their Jeeps from all over the UK inc N Ireland for service/work :lol:

Offline bunnykins

Attack Member
a word of caution with jeep dealers, my own experience is they will happily take your money BUT
it does not mean they will replace the right item that is giving you your problem. they will just keep
replacing parts untill it solves the problem and you will have to pay for that.

you may find that it may not be the PCM after they have replaced it.

i had good advice from a US forum which i should have taken, and that was to advoid jeep dealers !

see - http://www.mud-club.com/forum/index.php/topic,61002.0.html

Offline fran

Attack Member
Thanks for the advice.  I am in Upminster in Essex, so will try GT 4x4.  Does anyone know any good mechanics in the Essex area?

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
Think Mansfield 4x4 are out that way as are GT 4x4
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal