AuthorTopic: My guide to fitting seats  (Read 20276 times)

Offline clover

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Clover
  • Referrals: 0
My guide to fitting seats
« on: June 29, 2008, 21:20:25 »
Here is the guide I knocked up on how to fit 300 series 1 leather electric seats into a 200 series 1 shell...

http://www.thewillbys.com/seats.html

Hope its of use to somebody.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 21:39:24 by Thrasher »
1996 Discovery 300TDi Affectionately known as Clover. 
Cooper Discover STT 33/12.50/R15, a 2" body lift off chassis. H/D springs with 50mm platform spacers on the rear. Nothing on the front as they foul the shocks :-) 11" travel rough country shocks and mountings with dislocating spring cones,  adjusted wheel arches, safari snorkel. H/D rear bumper, demountable drop plate,. H/D steering guard, QT diff guards.
tree sliders, Split charge running twin Optima's, spotlight bar with 4 whoppers on it, H/D winch bumper, 12,000lbs winch,  A bar with 2 50w mini spotlights, brownchurch full length roof rack. 2 work lights.CB,
Fine English engineering modified to work!

mentalmoshio sophs V8i

Re: my guide to fitting seats
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 21:26:16 »
i do like the look of the ES fronts seat much better than the standard ones just wish they did them in black seats for the rear.

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
Re: my guide to fitting seats
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 21:39:00 »
Don't think I've ever seen a set of ES seats in black (not full leather anyway). I've seen half leather ones on some of the later models but don't recall if they were electric.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 21:44:17 by discopinky »
Cooper Discover STT 33/12.50/R15, a 2" body lift off chassis. H/D springs with 50mm platform spacers on the rear. Nothing on the front as they foul the shocks :-) 11" travel rough country shocks and mountings with dislocating spring cones,  adjusted wheel arches, safari snorkel. H/D rear bumper, demountable drop plate,. H/D steering guard, QT diff guards.
tree sliders, Split charge running twin Optima's, spotlight bar with 4 whoppers on it, H/D winch bumper, 12,000lbs winch,  A bar with 2 50w mini spotlights, brownchurch full length roof rack. 2 work lights.CB,

Offline flipper

Attack Member
  • complete man-whore
Re: My guide to fitting seats
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:44 »
them seats look good but on another note how did you get your stero to sit flush ?? :-k

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 20:39:16 »
ROTL! Should I do a how to with pictures???   :dance:

Darn nuisance isn't it! I was forever catching my knuckles on the radio in my Rangie when I went into low ratio because I coule not get it in any further.

Pinky has got an adapter to convert Land Rover plug to standard rover ISO as the cable from the stereo is ISO (that the PO did a very pi5s poor wiring job on and I can't for the lifr of me work out why or what he was trying to achieve. Some chav no doubt!) So basically I made sure none of the wiring blocks were behind it. Trouble is they now stick out the side like a sore thumb. One of these days I'll get an unmolested Panasonic ISO lead to tidy it up.

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 03:04:00 »
i recently fitted some half leather recaro buckets from a rover coupe into mine.... very comfy, height adjustment on drivers... so even stumpy SWMBO can drive comfortably!

..took about 4 hrs to figure out the final plan tho, but easy enough once i`d done that!

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 20:32:27 »
I bet yours were harder to fit than mine! Personally I like the ES seats very much as it makes my Disco very much like driving a RRC which were IMHO one of the most comfortable of all the Range Rovers.

Offline DCR

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 23:09:07 »
Hi my seats had worn out completely I had a pair Saab 9000s fitted having had a Saab for a few years I knew how comfortable they were.And they came for nothing. All the best.

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 20:18:59 »
SAAB seats are popular mod with the VeeDub guys as the seat bases are very flat and this makes the rails easy to fit to a flat surface. SAAB 900 seats are orthopedic as well and I have to say the GM 900 I had was one of the most comfortable cars to be in I have had as far as seats go.

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 07:52:48 »
Great guide.  :lol:

I have a 300 series. I'm just about to buy a full set of electric seats with switches and loom. Do I simply run a 12v to to switches?

When I did it on my RRC, I gutted the switch box, replaced it with 4 window switches and loads of wire!
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 18:47:24 »
I should think so providing the switches are not toasted and that you have the center console or some such thing for mounting them

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 17:46:32 »

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline carracarra13

Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 23:37:45 »
Im in the process of fitting manual ones from a td300 into a 200 my self (was going to use rrc seats as I have two Realy good ones non electric but they sit high (and Im 6ft 6 ) so vision might be a problem still might have a play will post how I get on further, but thoes seats look good m8 thanks for the info helping me lots  :D
v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 15:48:34 »
I may have the panels I used up for sale... possibly with seats ...

Offline Ralph Hardwick

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 23:42:13 »
The link in the first post didn't seem to work for me.

Anyhow here is how I fitted RR seats in my disco:

http://www.overland-rovers.com/ralphs-pages/vehicle-modifications/7-fitting-range-rover-seats-in-a-discovery.html

I hope it's of interest.
1995 300Tdi Discovery

Vehicle mods and expedition countdown blog
www.overland-rovers.com

Norfolk & Suffolk 4X4 Response
www.4x4response.net

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal