AuthorTopic: off roading a terrano????  (Read 5947 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
off roading a terrano????
« on: May 25, 2008, 18:40:51 »
hi ive got the chance of getting a nissan terrano 2 on a p reg and i was wondering will it be easy to lift it a bit and what are they like off roading , i have a jimny at the moment but fancy the 2.7tdi version of the terrano plus im getting it for £900 its the se model aswell , what are they like :P

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
Re: off roading a terrano????
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 21:02:40 »
Rear lift springs are available, for the SWB you can just fit LWB rear springs for a 1½" lift, front end just wind the torsion bars up.

Part time 4wd so no centre diff so no need for a centre diff lock, rear diff is LSD and locks up really well if used with correct oil (mine can be a swine in carparks etc), SWB not quite as manouverable as SJ or Jimny but will run rings round anything else. 2.7TD is london taxi engine, rear diff is from patrol, front diff related to impressa WRX STi, so transmission is pretty bomb proof - only real problem is the only mods available are shocks and the lift springs, just about anything else you have to make or import form, US, Oz, Israel etc
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

Offline shrekster

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 21:15:17 »
we recently went off roading at stainby. there was a nissan terrano 2 there. it was amazing it went everywhere and kept up with everybody. it was bog standatd exept the tyres. i would have one ...
YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 21:40:25 »
sounds like a terrano it is then :dance: does any of you lot run them on veggie oil or bio diesel , ive been told to stay clear of the stuff if the car has a lucas diesel pump =;
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:17:01 by jamesey »

Offline shrekster

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 13:02:56 »
Red diesel and chip fat..  smells nice and its cheap.  did you know that for every 40 you spend on diesel 28 goes to our loving government..

but on a serious note a friend of mine runs his on white diesel and cooking oil. he mixes it 50/50 it runs ok he has done this for approx 9 months. you do loose a bit of power but you cant really tell.

he pays 17 pounds for 25 litres of new cooking oil.

YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

Offline DAVID

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 16:19:44 »
Hi, I have run my 2.4i terrano2 now for three years and it has been great off road. It goes anywhere my mates landys go  and with its short wheel base
can sometimes better them.I have fitted milner rear springs,wound up the front by just under 2 inches,( with no extra tyre wear ),pro comp shocks, bronco 30mm
wheel spacers,poly bushed front, bronco M/Ts,and a full stainless exhaust. I keep looking at getting a Discovery but each time I go out in the nissan I
can't fault it and end up keeping it and putting the disco on hold.
The only one bad thing is the cost of parts which if you need them are main dealer only, but having said that they seem pretty bullet proof.
Good Luck.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 16:25:13 by DAVID »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal