AuthorTopic: Rear Window Tinting  (Read 1642 times)

Offline 3laner

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Rear Window Tinting
« on: May 20, 2008, 17:40:19 »
There have been more an more thefts around my area from cars, I usually leave the cab pretty empty but I've got stuff in the back that I cant be taking out every night. I would prefer to keep this away from prying eyes and was thinking about tinting the rear  windows. How much is this likely to cost for a decent job. are there different methods and if so what is the best way?

Alex
1994 300 tdi Defender-SOLD
2002 TD5 Defender 90 Monte Carlo Blue: IRB stage 2 tuned and intercooled-SOLD
2005 Golf GTi 200- Landyless :(

ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT 4x4
www.irbdevelopments.com

Offline Landy Andy

Attack Member
Re: Rear Window Tinting
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 18:37:28 »
Hi,

Got mine tinted with limo black (the darkest), i also have rear window grills. They managed to do all three without removing small window grills or needing to remove spare wheel, £75 i think and took about 45 Min's. While i waited.

Really good value i think.

From experience don't do it yourself unless you have 6 times the amount of tint and can put up with damaging rear demister.

Andy
Andy

Defender Td5 X-Tech

Offline Shabba277

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 18:55:35 »
mine cost me 7-95, did it myself with the film stuff,  You can get good results with a little time,  i had all the windows out to do it though.  The film came with full instructions and a plastic smoother outerer and a trimming knife, you just spray a little water on the glass with a mist spray bottle, this allows the film to be moved around, then use the smoother to force out any creases and water,dry & trim jobs a good un.  It also sticks to carpet and dining room tables so if you have a go bear that in mind  :roll:
Ady

Offline adafish

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 21:22:51 »
yeah same here fitted new doors on the DOUBLE CAB today and did the film stuff...Great job, only cost me £18

smartuki

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 20:42:34 »
the windows on a landy are the easyest  to tint with the film stuff. i use to dit in a shop in my spare time to help out my mate , it realy easy to do
 i have just done my one and my mates is being done tomorow

if ya still need the front grills let me know ,, we could even sort somthing out and do the windows at the same time

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 21:44:12 »
I'm thinking of tinting the rear and 2nd row doors or even ditching the rear sliding windows all together with a blanking panel like on this one:

anyway... DIY tinting... isn't it a pain to do the rear door glass if it is heated? kinda puts me off.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal