AuthorTopic: Crich Tramway  (Read 4441 times)

Offline gtomo2

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Crich Tramway
« on: May 11, 2008, 20:39:39 »
Went here saturday had a good day out thought i had one back in time when i walked down the main road, There was a old caravan meet and a old car meet on as well. they do club meets as well. Got a nice pub on site. and some great trams must say it was fun to ride a old tram.

more pics here  :shock: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/gtomo2/Days%20out/Crick%20tramway/?start=all
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:52:27 by Thrasher »
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Offline redhand

Attack Member
Re: Crick Tramway
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 00:27:41 »
Yes I went there a couple of times in the mid 80's to a vintage bus rally. Nice place. But I thought it was spelt crich not crick but it has been 20 odd years.
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:11:03 »
Doh..... yea its crich  not crick that ones by the m6/m1 split.
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:11:30 »
Went here saturday had a good day out thought i had one back in time when i walked down the main road, There was a old caravan meet and a old car meet on as well. they do club meets as well. Got a nice pub on site. and some great trams must say it was fun to ride a old tram.

more pics here  :shock: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/gtomo2/Days%20out/Crick%20tramway/?start=all
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
Re: Crich Tramway
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 23:21:16 »
It's a really good museum and worth a look - IIRC the tram in those photos is the one they built using the top deck of one London tram and the bottom deck of another, as the only other surviving example of the type is stuffed and mounted in the LT museum.

Those trams have a fair turn of speed when the driver uses all the power - can remember one in particular that had real "shove in the back" acceleration!
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 23:30:38 »
we live just down the road from there, its amazing to think all those buildings have been knocked down and rebuilt there,
we are trying to get the landy on show there to raise abit of charity money, its 21 years old so might just be old enough  :lol:

Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline bigwood

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 20:58:38 »
Used to take my Grandad there on a regular summer trip. His father was on horse trams as a boy in Manchester, then Grandad up to the coming of the buses,then my Uncle now I fix buses for a living. If you like that type of thing there is the transport museum near Lincoln and the trolley bus museum at Sandtoft near Doncaster. Critch is one of the better ones if only for the area it is in. We usually make a weekend out of going there. Last time we did the high peak railway on the sunday, the missus  and bikes are not a good combination , being 5ft she has got the legs for hills. She calls bikes "instruments of torture" :grin:
Old Landrovers dont die they just fade to a red oxide colour.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal