AuthorTopic: Electrical prob AGAIN !!  (Read 681 times)

Offline buster uk

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Electrical prob AGAIN !!
« on: April 18, 2008, 19:32:28 »
Hi guys,
I fixed the bad short i was getting through fuse b4.It was a short in the redundant air suspension wiring.Now the bloody alarm keeps randomly going off for no reason !!!!!!!!  :angry:
Im really getting sick of the thing tbh guys  :sad:
Cure,well i pulled out the central locking fuse.Shut it up,but now have to put key in the door like a peasant ! :doh:

Any ideas guys why it randomly goes off ??? Been fine,up until today.No time consistancies,just does it as and when it feels like it,sounds about the same as the amount of times it breaks down.

cheers,
andy
1994 Range Rover Classic 3.9 v8 vogue se

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Electrical prob AGAIN !!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 00:43:42 »
Possibly a problem with the ultrasonic, also worth checking that there wasn't an alarm component on the same fuse as ther EAS.

Odly, my sister's had an after market alram fitted inplace of the original and when that one imobilises, whether you locked the doors or it just does it on the 30 second timer (Thatcham cat 2) then the EAS self-levels which normally means it drops an inch or so :-k

Anyway, perhaps more likely, there is a connection to the EAS from the door pin switches to dissable the EAS when a door is open (so it won't drop onto a kerb),perhaps this wire is also shorting to earth like the power supply wire was before.

If you replace the C/L fuse then lock by the key, the ultrasonics are not activated (pet mode), if it still goes off then trace the door switch wire to the EAS ECY plug.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal