AuthorTopic: mk1 shogun td  (Read 895 times)

Offline garyc1960

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • latest recruit new pic
  • Referrals: 0
mk1 shogun td
« on: April 04, 2008, 15:32:17 »
hi can anyone help my gearbox has just decided to stop playing seems stuck in third wont come out is it stuffed if so what is the latest car i can use for a donor box its a 2.5 td thanks gary ps how hard a job is it i have a 3" body lift
i love exploring a bit of a nosey blighter you might say lol not afraid to get stuck better with help at hand though and a helping hand always available

Offline petelgv1

Attack Member
Re: mk1 shogun td
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:13:33 »
Hi mate. Youre shog sounds like a manual. Are you sure its not a clutch problem.
If you source a new g/box then make sure its from the same motor ie, lwb or swb as yours. I have recently fitted a lwb manual g/box into a swb. It fitted ok, the centre mount ok, the side mount was about 6 inch out and i had to make a prop to fit.
Personally i would not recomend this as i only did it for my "total -off-roader".

Obviously make sure the eng sizes are the same as well.
  If you fit g/box yourself, then get some help. They are bl@@dy heavy.

I have a 2in body lift. That's the easyest body lift to do. plus lwb springs on a swb, torsion bars wound up and 33 bfg muds. :D
Live every day as if it's your last....someday you'll be right..... get it muddy !!!

Offline garyc1960

Attack Member
  • latest recruit new pic
Re: mk1 shogun td
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 18:00:03 »
thanks for that does the year make any difference as long as its swb vehicle  :lol:
i love exploring a bit of a nosey blighter you might say lol not afraid to get stuck better with help at hand though and a helping hand always available

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal