AuthorTopic: White Easter in Durham!  (Read 281 times)

Offline Ja1983

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
  • Referrals: 0
White Easter in Durham!
« on: March 23, 2008, 18:41:53 »
well me and the SWMBO made the most of a mutal day off, and the article in LRO about seeingsike road, and had a grand day out!

there was pittyful amounts of snow near home (not enough to turn yellow and throw at chavs) but when we got through stanhope, the fields were white! it was iffy as to whether the road would be suitable for driving or not, but we took the chance, and found it not that bad!

Swmbo took the wheel along the byway, and nearly "put wingmirror down pothole" she noe knows to steer downhill tho!

there was a big puddle which came up to sill height, but other than that, just a bit of slush around the sides. however, there were good accumilations in the sides, and along certain stretches.. which we made best use of!

a drive through the ford (river wear) and a trip to the tearoom in stanhope and we were on the way home!

and the good news is - more snow today/tomora! [borat voice] hi-five![/borat voice] :afro:

pics below, more to follow

PS - WATCH FOR DITCHES COVERED WITH DRIFT SNOW!!!

(Click for enlargements)

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
Re: White Easter in Durham!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 18:54:02 »
most fingers working again... rigger will dry out by morning (sat on the hearth leeking at mo!)
i love to head for the hills at the first sight of a snowflake!  :lol:

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline richo

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 21:15:47 »
We had some here in Peterborough today and guess what its all melted away already
Jesus was a carpenter but god was a plasterer.

Bouncy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 12:07:47 »
head up towards Tow Law as mum tells me they got plenty. Mind you i remember it being nearly 15 ft deep as a child !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal