AuthorTopic: rear brake light  (Read 339 times)

Offline POSBORNE

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
rear brake light
« on: March 15, 2008, 22:22:21 »
I have an issue with my passenger side rear brake light. The driver's side brake light works fine, but for the last 6months the passenger brake light never seems to want to come on.

when you switch the lights on, both rear bvrake/light bulbs come on, , but when you put your foot on the brake only the driver's side brake light comes on. i've replaced the bulb today, as it had blown about a week or so ago. but the brake light still doesn`t come on. Any idea's why it isn`t working? as its bugging me, and i don`t want to get pulled over for not having a brake light not working.

Its a 1991, discovery 1, H reg, 200 Tdi, completly standard, except for a sump guard.

thanks in advance for advise!!
If

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: rear brake light
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 22:55:47 »
I had a lot of trouble with the joint in the wiring lom alongside the nd of the dahsboard, in the end I replced all the terminals with bullits.  the rear lights are wired separatley on the RRC down each side of the car, rather than side to side like any other manufacturer :roll:.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

ben_haynes

Re: rear brake light
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 23:24:26 »
1 - does the side light go out when you press the brake
or
2 - is it just the brake light does not come on

if it is 1 then i would say you have an earth fault,

also have you but the bulb in the correct way and have you fitted a doble fillament bulb (im in no way Questioning your Skills or Knowledge but i have seen fully qualified Mechanics (My boss and myself inc.) put the wrong bulb in or in the wrong way round)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal