AuthorTopic: Insurance  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Clappo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Insurance
« on: March 06, 2008, 21:21:55 »
hi everyone

I'm 20 driving  1987 3.5 petrol hilux.(but on the log book only 2 L) and looking to insure it again. What do i do tell the insurance company it has been modified or keep it quiet.

got any places to get a good deal

cheers Bill

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 18:27:57 »
Always tell them. its really not worth the risk, as if stopped and the modifications are noted, you are effectively driving without insurance... and that will quite possibly leave you with a court appearance.

As for companies, i`m with Adrian flux, with a modified disco (previously a mk3 hilux) and no-one else came close.

good luck

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

Offline sparkz

Attack Member
  • www.elite4x4.co.uk
Re: Insurance
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 16:32:36 »
Always tell them. its really not worth the risk, as if stopped and the modifications are noted, you are effectively driving without insurance... and that will quite possibly leave you with a court appearance.

As for companies, i`m with Adrian flux, with a modified disco (previously a mk3 hilux) and no-one else came close.

good luck

id agree with that...im with flux too...after i declared the engine conversion, lift, wheels, bars etc...my premium rocketed up a whole £50 from my previous comercials insurer (that wouldnt touch modified)  :dance:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal