AuthorTopic: Help, can't turn off alarm or start Disco!  (Read 354 times)

Offline Landyrover

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Help, can't turn off alarm or start Disco!
« on: March 04, 2008, 19:23:32 »
Help! Something very strange has happened... since last night, neither set of keys for my 2002 Discovery or the wife's Toyota will work whilst the cars are parked on the drive. Neither key would unlock the Disco this morning - got in using the key in the drivers door, alarm tripped, but went off and car started when I put it in the ignition and turned as per usual. Both sets of keys worked fine when I arrived at work and when I left this evening. On driving home, once in the drive, the key would not lock the doors by pressing the button (or the spare set) so I locked the door manually. However, the main problem now is that after entering the car manually and triggering the alarm I can't start it at all!!!

The wife's car is similarly afflicted.

I can only assume some local interference accounts for this. The neighbours report no problem - one of their cars is a Series 1 Disco.

Any suggestions??????????

Cheers,

Nick
"You know, Marge, mud is nothing more than wet dirt!" (Homer Simpson)
2007 Defender 90 XS TDCi

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
Re: Help, can't turn off alarm or start Disco!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 20:09:41 »
Sounds like a transmitter in your local area is affecting things. I found that with an old car some years ago which would not respond to the key fob in the car park of a particular DIY store. Has there been a new mobile phone mast go up close by, or it might be a silly as someone with a video sender interfering.
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

Offline Ricky

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 20:30:45 »
Use the EKA code to enable you to start the Disco 2, its found in the handbook pack on a security card or available from the main dealers , but you will need to prove ownership and identity

Offline Landyrover

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 20:27:52 »
Thanks for the advice guys, interference was indeed to blame... it had rained in these here parts recently and water had seeped into the front door bell. Its a wireless type, a battery in the door bell itself which is the trasmitter, send a signal to the receiver which is plugged into the mains inside. The latter was unplugged, but through a process of elimination we found that the bell had gone into 'send' mode because of the water - as soon as I took the battery out, all worked as it should! :D

The battery must have run down with being 'on' all the time for a few hours and the range shortened as a result - hence only our cars effected and not the neighbours :roll:

At least it wasn't  Landy problem this time! ;) :D

Nick
"You know, Marge, mud is nothing more than wet dirt!" (Homer Simpson)
2007 Defender 90 XS TDCi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal