AuthorTopic: Golden engine block?  (Read 337 times)

Offline stuntman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Golden engine block?
« on: March 03, 2008, 20:38:02 »
Hello again everyone!

Well I collected my disco today ( a replacement for my old wreck)

I have shed loads of reciepts to go with for callipers and new gearbox etc, however it doesn't run, there's no starter and no power getting through.

I have a feeling once I put a starter in this should cause the power to return, howere the engine is supposedly in fine fettle but running badly, it has a full service history and is VERY clean, along with a VERY clean cylinder head.

The block is a golden yellow colour. Is this normal?

My big question that I have is, are there any 200tdi enthusiasts anywhere near me that could pop over at the weekend and stick their head under the bonnet and give me a hand to find out what the heck is wrong with her. I have a decent engine but I don't want to have to swap it out if it's not needed.

Is there anyway to check the timing on these engines, diesel is new black art form to me  :roll:

Well I should start my own investigations on thursday, so here's hoping!

Andi
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:50:14 by Frankie-Boy »
1989 3.5slti Mazda powered 110DC

Erm ... I've lost my keys darling ... again!

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Golden engine block?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 20:43:35 »
It's gold becasue it's a recon then, Unipart engines were branded Gold Seal and Silver Seal, depending on whether they were rebuilt or reconditioned/overheauled.  No guarantee that it's a Unipart engine though.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal