AuthorTopic: been made a offer what do u think?  (Read 821 times)

Offline mr_disco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
been made a offer what do u think?
« on: February 21, 2008, 20:11:52 »
hi there boy and ladies

my m8 have made me a offer, well this is my jeep and the faults

pajero 2.5tdi manual mot march 3rd tax feb but as u know i have been haveing a lot off trouble, black smoking like hell and still cant find the fault lack off power and rumble at bottom end bearing

been offerd a

vauxhall frontera 2.0 swb n reg, set off mud plugger on it but body work is a bit tatty got about 4 months mot not sure on tax but istaxed also the fan is a bit nosiy the bearings gone i think, but he said he will leave hi tyres on there and i can have my 32/11.50/15 bfg mud tyres off mine and my spacers

what u think please
bonkas4x4wales.com what a sh*t website,, ban people for no reason...

Offline markyd

Attack Member
Re: been made a offer what do u think?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 22:27:05 »
without seeing them together its very difficult to advise accordingly

if the paj is rumbling from the bottom end then get rid, as long as your mate is aware of this potentially expensive fault?

As for the fronty's i don't know anything about them, but if the tin worm has set in be aware of corrosion to body work, chassis mounting points, etc... ( all mot failure places)

Offline carracarra13

Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
Re: been made a offer what do u think?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 00:25:59 »
well frounteras ummm my experience with them is not good, these are some of the things to look closely at
fuel lines from back to frount they rot very badly so check them
2 get under it and make shure solid
3 if the oil presure is low to none when driven or when it gets warm be wear as with mine it was a sign the engine was about to let go
4 if the engine rattels at all do not buy it or you will be looking at rebuilding or replacing the lump
these are the few things I have found out the hard way, but if you are lucky enough to get a good one (there are some very good ones out there)  you will have a good motor comfort very,  economy are any of our trucks
v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal