AuthorTopic: throttle spindle seal on the Tdi Injection pump is leaking  (Read 349 times)

Offline Tilleymike

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
This is my first post, the throttle spindle seal on the Tdi Injection pump is leaking Diesel, where can you get a new shaft and the brass bush from to do the repair, it’s on a Discovery 200 DTI J Rej, I have got all the info on how to do the job, it’s just the replacement parts that I want, everywhere that I have tried won’t sell the parts I need or don’t have them.

Offline L90OOK

Attack Member
    • Somerset
Re: throttle spindle seal on the Tdi Injection pump is leaking
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:39 »
Try a company that reconditions diesel pumps...like Diesel Bob
Did everyone see that?  Because I will NOT be doing it again!

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 16:47:28 »
yeah diesel bob is my hero...
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline disco dod

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 19:50:43 »
ive done 3 or 4 in my day on peugeot cars. it was lucas pumps so i bought the bits from lucas direct.
new top seal, brass sleeve, actuator rod, and rod o ring all came to less than 15 quid.

ive hardly been exposed to landrovers mutch in my 10 years in the trade, but although the pumps may be a different fitting its likely there all verry similar inside.

now i think about it, i done a bosch pump once too. slightly different from the lucas but still simple enough.

infact once i replaced the top lid too. basically i described the situation to the parts dealer and he knew exactly all the parts i'd need.
hopefully comming soon, my first 4x4

a shiney 99 td5 disco family car, and i'l maybe do some light laning.

Offline Tilleymike

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:22:18 »
The parts that I managed to get came to day (new shaft and the brass bush) but I don’t need them to now, its stopped leaking now and I have done over 100 miles to make sure and its OK, it must have been a bit of dirt that came up between the shaft and the bush and got behind the O Ring at the top of the shaft and then cleared its self, I will have to change the fuel filter now to make sure that nothing else gets through

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal