AuthorTopic: maximum tyre size on standard freestyle rim?  (Read 341 times)

Offline windowlicker

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
maximum tyre size on standard freestyle rim?
« on: January 01, 2008, 13:43:22 »
i am thinking about buying the flexi arches like the ones that paddocks sell and wondered
what would be the limit in tyre size and whether i could still use the standard es wheels?

the car is a standard 300tdi with no current mods as it stand it doesnt get any offroad use well it dont get much road use either so i thought it might be ok to buy the arches first then hope i could fit a decent size tyre and then lift it later if needed....

mentalmoshio sophs V8i

Re: maximum tyre size on standard freestyle rim?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 15:14:27 »
285/75/16 would fit with archs but would need bump stop lowering to stop them from hitting the top of the inner arch at a guess

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 15:26:27 »
It will depend on the construction of the tyre, and the only way you will know for certain is to check the Tyre Manufacturers published data. For example the data for BFG MTs is at http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/mud-terrain-t-a-km/1152.html

Can't be of any more help as I don't know what width your wheels are, but please make sure that you do choose a suitable tyre for your wheels. It may be physically possible to fit a tyre that is wider than the manufacturers reccomendations, but would it be safe?

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 16:20:23 »
on standard freestyles i have fitted 265 75 BFs mud and AT, run fine no probs, 235 7o are the biggest u will get on a disco with no mods, only get the arches if you are fitting BIG wide tyres (and a big lift kit) 265s or 235/85s will not protrude from the standard wheel arch without wheel spacers.

Offline windowlicker

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 19:04:30 »
cheers for the replys

ive been doing a bit of searching and came across mobi's truck and from what i can make out has 255/85/16 with wheel spacers fitted although im not sure how much its lifted  but the tyres seem to suit the car it would be nice to know if they would fit without the lift?

[/quote]

basicly i like the look of big arches with wheels that look in proportion if it comes to it i will have to fit the arches first lift then wheels the reason i watned to fit the arches first is that i need to get some new tyres soon any way and thought if i could fit the arches i could get the tyres at the same time and then when funds allow i will get the rest of the bits ie springs shocks blah blah blah.
 i will do a bit of research to find out what tyres im limited too and hope that i can get an answer here as to what the limit is with the arches w/o lift will be???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal