AuthorTopic: Hi from Hertfordshire  (Read 1547 times)

Offline gareth001

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE
  • Referrals: 0
Hi from Hertfordshire
« on: December 20, 2007, 13:19:42 »
Hi all,

I've been on here for a few months now, but only just noticed this section of the forum.

Would like to thank people for the help I've had on here so far. I initially came on here wanting help on deciding what 4x4 to get and setup a poll - although I did go against it and go for a P38 (came 3rd below Classic Range Rover and Disco II!).

However I've now owned it for about 3 months and yes it has it's faults, but I'm enjoying every mile.

So what made me want a 4x4? Well about 2 years ago I had an MR2 Turbo and it was time to sell, so as this was November I got myself a 4.2 LSE Classic Range Rover for the Winter months until I could get one of my dream cars - a Camaro or Trans AM. So I got a Camaro with a 5.7 V8.

Although the Camaro is a great car I was now doing more miles to work and every time I got into my dad's MR2 it reminded me of the handling I was missing.

Last year I was at the motorshow and Caterham were there (yes not a 4x4 car!) Had a good look around it and decided that's my solution, sell the Camaro and get two cars, a Caterham/Westfield and a day to day car.

So about 8 months ago I started looking at what was best, Caterham or Westfield and long story short, for my Birthday in June I got myself a Westfield. So here's where the Range Rover P38 starts...

Now I had two sports car, the Westfield and the Camaro (ow and a motorbike for good measure). So everything I had was all for nice summer weather. Then when you get out of a Westfield and into a Camaro you realise how brilliant the Westfield is at handling and how the Camaro is not. Although straight line they are both just as quick.

Well I spent the next few months following June looking at all the 4x4 cars and off roaders out there that were not diesel. Originally looking at cars such as the Galant VR-4, Impreza, Evo etc. From here I started thinking that this is going to be my daily drive and I've already got my bike and Westfield for performance so do I really need something that quick? My answer was no so thought luxury.

So luxury cars then... well this started with looking at the BMW 7 series, Lexus Sourer and soon realising that I was looking for speed again in both and being disappointed that they were not hitting 0-60 in 5ish seconds.

Now I've eliminated luxury sedans, Jap turbo's what next. I wanted something that was completely different to driving the Westfield.

A few of my friends already drive Land Rovers and I had enjoyed owning the Classic Ranger Rover so started the poll as mentioned above. So finally along came the right Range Rover and the Camaro was sold a couple of days before.

So hi to all and if you have any green laines you know about around South Hertfordshire let me know :) I'll be there...

Thanks

Gareth

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 18:03:22 »
hello and welcome, even if you have been here a while  :D
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline ronttuk

Attack Member
Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 16:56:34 »
better late than never lol

you comming on the xmas run 29th dec ?
to be old and wise you must first be yound and foolish

www.motormeet.co.uk

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 18:09:35 »
Hello  8)
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 20:57:06 »
Hi Gareth, made the right choice in the end :wink:
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

wrecker

Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 21:18:48 »
hi and welcome

as long as your happy with what ya got then sweet 8)  :D

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Re: Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 14:28:30 »

Skibum

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 21:27:18 »
Hi and welcome to the club
Thanks,
      Baz

Offline Jeff J J

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 19:27:22 »
Ello and Welcome to the Club. Jeff
1994 300Tdi 5 Door
Winch Bumper. Steering Guard. Bonnet Struts.Diff Guards. Rock Tree Sliders.
Checker Plate Rear Door Cover.2”lift.Camel Cut. Rear Work Light. 235/85/R16 on Black Zu Rims. Southdown Snorkel.Chequer Plating. Gulf Grill. Light Bar.
Wish list / Fuel Tank Guard. Winch. Side Exit Exhausts .Bucket Seat.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal